1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant myHermes Deliveries - AARGH!

Discussion in 'General' started by jinq-sea, 16 Oct 2012.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

A success story! Excellent. As it goes, we had something delivered to the house by Hermes a few days ago and the service was excellent. It seems to be a total postcode lottery, but at least some of their drivers are decent :D

2. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

They put a parcel in my food bin, just disgusting, never before have i known such actions from a courier service.

3. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

useless cowboys, the local self employed couriers dont leave cards, and you cant even go and pick the item up, so its completely down to luck if they actually bother to try and redeliver. my local delivery man cant work out how to use an entry phone it seems, so i never get anytthing from them

4. jinq-sea

It's more bad than good, isn't it. I think I'll try and avoid them in future.

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Threat revival!!!!

Just wanted to rant about my 8 day wait for my bike frame. Its STILL not been delivered. ****ers.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

When it comes to buying goods I look for two things. Price and Delivery Service.

To the point that if I where to purchase something and whilst it was cheaper than another online retailer but delivery was with Yodel or other known crappy Courier I would gladly pay extra for the item just to not have to use Yodel etc.

In fact UPS/Parcel Force/Collect+/City Link have delivered to me over the past few weeks or so with zero issues.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

My local MyHermes delivery guy is awesome! He always leaves his card with his number and will pick up his mobile whenever you call and try and deliver your parcels around your schedule! He's actually in my mobiles phone book now.

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Folks like that are rare.

He is accomadating to others needs, but most will just do the absolute least possible work.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Agreed, I missed the delivery of my Fractal Node on Monday. The person took it to my next door neighbour and left a card saying that as well.

Whilst Royal Mail failed to delivery the same case from within the UK and also lost it.

10. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've got a parcel coming today via Yodel the time slot is between 8am to 9pm ffs

11. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I hope you don't have anything planned.

Just sit at the door like a dog all day?

12. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

At least they have given you one !

My fiancee and I currently live in a fully detached farm house (with 2 acres out back) in Dorset (about five miles out of Sandbanks). We live down a dusty lane and then we are completely surrounded by nature. I'm no gardener, and even if I was I could spend a month out there and not even touch the sides :(

Because of that City Link, Yodel and Myhermes have never found my house, and every time I get something delivered by them it always ends up going back and I get a refund :(

What's annoying is I just ordered us a Freesat HD recorder as a reward for 7 weeks off the cigs and it's been sent by Yodel so there's a big chance we won't get it :(

13. jinq-sea

Make signs and put them all along the track :)

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

^ wot he said

15. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Can't :(

Opposite the house is a listed pub (thatched) and we're not allowed to put up any signs or what not (neither are they, so at least it's fair !).

My lady paid £600k for this house (she was breeding cats) and then found out about it (they hid it from her when she bought the place). Long story short they served her papers and she had to remove all of her cat pens. Put her out of business.

Dorset council are assholes, basically. We'll be moving closer to civilization soon though.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

had good experiences with myhernes out of the 8 parcels i sent using them... 8 were fine.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

just so long as its nothing electronic.... myhermes have a list longer than the screen (1080p) of what the insurance doesn't cover...

18. PeteA

PeteA What's a Dremel?

Never had a problem with myHermes, although they do use small (one man and his van type) local courier companies so some will inevitably be worse than others I expect!