1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySpace hit with online predator suits

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 19 Jan 2007.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

My $.02: No one has a duty to protect your rugrat from predators online. Either accept the risk or don't let them use the computer, but don't ever, for a minute, believe that life is safe. :wallbash:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I would say to them "You're more likely to be killed going to buy a lottery ticket then actually winning the jackpot", does that stop people from buying a lottery ticket? Does it mean that they try and sue the lottery companies for reckless endangerment? No, of course not thats just stupid.

How can you sue someone because of something their users say? Is myspace their parent? Myspace has some amount of responsibility, but the warnings about the possible uses of the internet have been thrown around for years.

I agree with CT, start to take some bloody responsibility.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ah. Another example of PRP (Parental Responsibility Passing). :rolleyes:

Let's sue life. No, seriously. How many people have been injured, raped or killed, just by leaving the safety of their home and having a life. I mean, people ought to be told! There should be a consumer warning or disclaimer on life! You should have something on the inside of your front door that reads:

Next we sue parents. Let's face it, they just dumped us here in this crazy-ass world and never asked our opinion. And they failed to quite clearly read out the disclaimer/warning/instructions that come with being born and growing up (it's called: PARENTING).

4. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

That's brilliant cheered me right up.

5. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

Seriously though, what do people expect? You put your details and habits in a publicly available location and some sick f*** is going to take advantage of you. It's about time that people start accepting responsibility for some of their actions. Parents should grow up and start parenting.

@Nexxo: Absolutely brilliant. Truly made my day. I would sig this, but it's too long...