1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n5190 HP Notebook, where is the cmos switch

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ready2GoXtr, 7 Oct 2006.

1. Ready2GoXtr

Ready2GoXtr What's a Dremel?

Alright, so here it goes, I have been trying to repair this laptop, the power turns on, the screen is blank, the proc fan spins for a little but then stops, but it keeps the hardrive running, but nothing else, This sounds something like someone left it running when it shouldnt have and it over heated. But I just cant find the damn cmoss switch to fix it, Can anyone throw me a suggestion as to where to look, I already looked under the battery, not htere, changed the hardrive (originaly it would not spin, but now it does) And! Now where is that cmos O.O Thx for your help!~!

2. Warrioradmin

Warrioradmin What's a Dremel?

notebooks

Hi,

Have you opened up the notebook completely?

3. Ready2GoXtr

Please tell me where it is, and yes, I have opened it all the way up, well not really, I have this one that over heated, and this other one that some guy thought it would be funny to throw it on the ground and jump up and down on it. So I just am looking at the one thats completly broken looking for a cmos switch You have any idea where it is?

4. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

in laptops its usually a case i playing hunt the CMOS battery and removing it but it is usually deep inside under the mobo

5. Ready2GoXtr

Will it look like what I have on my motherboard? Like a cmos switch and what not?

6. Ready2GoXtr

Found the battery, and a chip labeled bios, but wheres the jumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: 8 Oct 2006
  7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Remove the battery for a minute, then replace, will reset the CMOS.

8. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Sounds like it might be a dead board, if i'm thinking correctly. Do what r4tch3t said though, and make sure other power sources are removed too.