1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAAC - FINISHED! webcam-video on last page!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jipa, 5 Jun 2005.

1. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Looks very good.
    One question are you going to keep that orange fan?

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

No, I won't use those fans seen in picture. Orange fan were made just to see how it looks :) I used it in my current case...

3. CaseyBlackburn

Ok, can't wait till the next update. Thanks for answering my question.

4. Jipa

no problem, It's nice to get even some comments to my topic ;) Tomorrow I'll maybe begin making the frontpanel.. There's some kinky cuts in it so it'll be much harder job than all today's plexis together.

5. CaseyBlackburn

I feel my purpose is to encourage people on their mods since I can't do anything with my stuff since my parents spend so much on my computer stuff they don't want me to screw it up.

6. Jipa

That isn't right... You must get atleast some old rig to mod! My first mod was an old AT-case. It never even had computer in it after mod, but atleast I enjoyed doing it, which is the most important thing.

7. CaseyBlackburn

Im getting some new cases soon, so I'll try to sneak some mods on them, and mod my current case.

8. Jipa

And oh I haven't said which hardware I'll put to the case when it's finished. I'm not sure if nobody's interested but anyway:
    mobo: MSI K8N Diamond
    CPU : AMD 64 3000+ (with Thermaltake Sonic Tower)
    memories: Corsair valueram 2x 512MB (400MHz)
    Graphics: MSI 6600 256MB (with nvsilencer-cooler)
    PSU: Nexus 350W (120mm orange fan, you know it)
    HDD: Seagate 200GB sata

There'll allso be hauppauge tv-card, DVD and cd-drives, but NO FLOPPY :)

9. Jipa

You were damn fast posting that one :D It's nice to hear you are gonna get something to mod. It's 3 AM and I'm still awake.. Yes, it's holiday :)

10. CaseyBlackburn

Get to sleep lol, Pretty nice hardware going into that thing, I need to get a new videocard, I wanna play some games occasionly but rather get some other hardware instead, 32mb isn't cutting it anymore :p.

11. Jipa

Looks like I wont do anything to case today :< Just too tired. I anyway planned plate for PSU. It'll sit in It's original place, but in custom-made bracket.

I allso planned a bit how USBs will sit on frontpanel.

12. Jipa

I'd have put few pics here, but memorycardreader seems to be broken :( I can't understand my luck.. problem seems to be in usb-connector, sometimes it works normally.

13. CaseyBlackburn

hope it gets fixed

14. Jipa

I plugged it off and on several times and it took connection.. However I've cut some plexi and other stuff today. I have problems with peltier-colacooler, but let's hope it too gets fixed.

15. Phat Ass

Phat Ass What's a Dremel?

this looks quite cool, nothing better than taking appart old kit and giving it a new life as something up todate and usefull :)

16. Jipa

Whoo I did something today! (actually it's allready yesterday) I allmost finished my colacooler :rock: It still needs some more insulation and hole to frontpanel of case, but it's allmost finished.

Today's victim were my only uATX-powersupply which died during tests :duh: I still dunno what happened but it won't get on nomore. Fuse is all ok. :waah:

But back to the topic, and on with the pics. First of all here's some finnfoam and peltier-element with heatspreader.

[​IMG]

And whenever you work with this kind of foam-materials, this tool is really needed! It's so much easier to cut that stuff with hot wire than for example jigsaw. (first test-version in pic, I made better version with which I actually made the cuts.) Remember to work outdoors with this, since the smoke which comes from foam is NOT healthy.

[​IMG]

Here's better pic showing my peltier-unit. So far it's taped together, I'll maybe come with better solution to final colacooler :D

[​IMG]

And here's cutted and taped housing.

[​IMG]

And here in testrun. I used normal ATX-PSU to feed my peltier. It isn't even nearly optimal since it only gives 12V (Peltier is specified to 16V). However it's cheap solution, so I think I just have to go with it... PSU's fan allso cools down heatsink on peltier.

[​IMG]

That's it. Next thing is make bottompiece to housing and mount this whole system to the case. What do you think?

And oh some temperatures. During my quick testrun it cooled housing to +6c and surface of coldplate were under zero (I dunno since my meter only shows temps over +0c)

17. Jipa

And here's another thing I've done. I cutted plexi to cover hole in front panel.

Here it is. I allready drilled mountingholes to fans. They'll ofcourse be behind that plexi...

[​IMG]

I'm not quite sure yet, but I think I'm gonne put green cold cathode behind the door. Just look at these pics. It looks nice IMHO. It's allways able to shut down when I don't want an christmastree in my room.

from up

[​IMG]

down

[​IMG]

And door opened. I think there'll be whole lot of switches (peltier + lights + other lights + some fans + etc.) so it isn't bad thing if I can see them in dark too. (lanparty ;) )

[​IMG]

It allso lights up entire room nicely...

18. CaseyBlackburn

Can you recool this grape soda for me that I am drinking right now? Looks very nice. I also like the green cathode.

19. Cardan

Cardan What's a Dremel?

how well does that cool drinks?

20. CaseyBlackburn

Kinda how a heatsink cools your processor, dissipates heat.