1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Name of software that allows PLP eyefinity??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wejjy, 28 Jan 2014.

1. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Hi guys, so I was stupid and bought myself a 290x cf setup ;). I'm trying to remember the name of the software I used a loooong time back that helps overcome the PLP issue when using weird non-matched resolutions, can anyone help?

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

its a shame ccc does not support plp eyefinity as would be tempted to give it a go again, it might be worth checking out widescreengaming forums, i got a lot of info from there for games that did not support eyefinity

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Ultramon?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I didn't even know you could do that, i have never seen PLP, that is an interesting option, hmmm.

5. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I would like a multiple monitor setup like 3xL OR 3xP so excuse my ignorance but why would you use a set up like PLP if it can work :confused:

6. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

I use a Dell 30" in the center, as it provides more height than typical 24" screens, and the resolution is amazing (2560x1600) I then have two portrait dell 20" monitors in 1200x1600 to match the center. It's a common set up and for me with work provides the best combination as the Portrait screens are fantastic for code viewing/editing and the center gives me a huge workspace for multiple windows.

The reason for using this to game, simply because I can, I play a lot of War Thunder and fancied the extra peripheral view.

FYI I had a triple Dell 2311 setup a while back which was a LLL setup, but this blows it out of the water IMO just because of the 1600 height as opposed to the 1080, so much nice to look at!

Hope that clarifies the reason for my question to those who care!

Thanks guys.

Will give Ultramon a look!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much for explaining that, it makes perfect sense now I know the size and resolutions and the extra height sounds good, it does sound like possibly a better layout than 3xL as it has a smaller footprint and I have tried a 3xL layout and it was almost a bit much, a lot of head swiveling as I remember.

8. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

ive wonderd if its doable with 2560x1440 and two 1400x900, but not seen anyone else try