1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Name this recent BBC music event

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 6 Mar 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

About a week or two ago, I heard several adverts on Radio 1 for a music event that was taking place on a Sunday night (I think at 7PM, but I'm not sure). These adverts involved well spoken people giving detailed descriptions of music videos, then an announcer saying something along the lines of "Radio 1 something something, Listen on Sunday night at 7 and you'll see". I only heard the ads a couple of times, but I didn't pay much attention to them and it's been bugging me all day, can anyone tell me what this event/special show/awards ceremony was? One of the music videos that was described was DJ Fresh featuring Rita Ora "Hot Right Now" and went along the lines of:

The low afternoon sun gleams through gaps in the concrete jungle, illuminating countless colours and shapes, the mark of artists who choose not to display their work in galleries. A slender woman with brilliant blonde hair struts through the frame, greeting friends and strangers alike, her bright pink jacket and jeans illuminating the scene. As the beat hits, Rita Ora and a group of street dancers dance-off in the urban playground.

Something along those lines. Hopefully someone can come up with something! It sounds quite interesting to me in hindsight, but it obviously didn't at the time or I would have paid more attention!

[edit]

I think this was a couple of weeks ago. Last week was nothing but ads for the John Bishop "Week of Hell" on Radio 1, so I think it was at least 2 weeks ago, before my accident. Thanks in advance :)

2. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

its a new thing on bbc radio 1 website, you can watch the music videos live while the charts are announced on the radio