1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Nano

Discussion in 'Software' started by Icecoldbagey, 25 Sep 2005.

1. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Ok planning on getting one of these tomorrow and its all the go ahead apart from 1 flaw, scratches. Can anyone recommend any case go get? i was going to just cut the screen protector i currently use on my 20gig and use that which i think will be ok. So yeah as to the thing of protecting the whole thing i was thinking about using the nano tubes, with the screen protector and the nano tube it should be protected totally shouldnt it? Also is there any other protection cases that can be recommended? thanks in advance

Ice

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

iPodSocks. Cheap, come in loads of colours, thin enough to make little difference to the size of the iPod but good enough to stop scratches and ****. I'm assuming they're a good fit for the Nano as they fit the Mini and the regular iPod too.

3. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

But on the socks you cant see the display and things can you?

Ice

4. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

The nano is a HELLUVA lot smaller than the other 'pods! I doubt it'll fit.

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Considering the sock has to stretch to fit the Mini in, it might be worth a look?

6. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Ah! Gotcha. :)

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

looks like a job for the nano tubes, there made for this reason and for the iPod nano :)

8. Pete_Venkman

Pete_Venkman What's a Dremel?

do the rubbery nano-tubes have covering over the screen? it's a little hard to see in the apple pic.

9. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

No, it doesn't cover the screen. I'd recommend it over anything else though. It's similar to the iSkin, which I have for my 3G iPod. It's really nice.

10. Pete_Venkman

Pete_Venkman What's a Dremel?

From what I hear, the screen it the 'scratchiest' part...the tube should have a little piece of plastic window to protect the nano screen.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

from what I've seen from using mine and my m8s, it only gets scratch'd if you try and clean it. Like if you rub it with your T-shirt or whatever and scratch it. You'r only going to do that to get finger prints of the screen so basicly dont touch the screen with yo' fingers. :nono:

12. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

I hope you're aware of this thread http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@823.1UXDaaTXUpD.0@.68b94d61

The second u take the nano out of its box, hold it with gloves and do not set it down on the table until u can find a cover for it. Then never ever take it out of its cover forever, unless u want it to get owned. U can get the nano tubes but they wont be available for a long time so either wait or do what I just mentioned. Good luck and may ur nano be safe from ridiculous scratches.

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well so far so good with mine, I have been trying to look after it tho, Im gonna set off to meet the girlfriend in a min and walk back to mine. I'll be in the pocket of my jeans I seriusly bloody hope it doesnt get the crap kicked out of it then next time it comes out of my pocket.. :baby:

14. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

15. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Arstechnica!!! the funnehs of it all... soo funneh!
    :D

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

well didnt post when I got back, last nite, but the nano is fine no scratch's or anything.

Tags: