1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 14 Dec 2012.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Well-Known Member

A 1080i movie takes some 1.3GB / hour and this is without loosing too much quality. A 2TB HDD can store how much of that? 1500 hours of 1080i material.

So my point would be, that John Doe is good to go with one ore two external USB-HDDs for storing big data he doesn't want to loose.

Have your big case with all your files connected and hope that your place never gets hit by lightning crashing all your HDDs. You never want to store data on a permanently attached HDD sir, even if your machine is "protected" by an APC.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Just because for you it is enough to have one or two USB drives for your data needs it doesn't mean there aren't people who need more. Virtual machines, test web and database servers, versioning, RAID mirroring - it is very easy to use up all of your 8 drive bays for two RAID10 mirrors, and you are not even high on data capacity.

And anyway, if you don't need the hard drive bays, you can remove them (or reorganize them in two stacks). And nothing stops you from replacing the stock quiet, but not very powerfull fans with alternatives. For example replace the front fan with Air Penetrator and remove the top hard drive bays - and your graphic card temperatures will drop down a lot. This is a "flaw" (not really, but makes the values not so easy to compare) when you take completely different stock fans and compare the thermal performance with them. While it says what the "stock performance" of the case is, it doesn't tell you if the higher temperatures are result of the case/fans/hard drive bay airflow blocking.

PS: APC is just one brand of UPS, you meant to say UPS in your last sentence.

3. E-Bomber

E-Bomber New Member

Hmm... I stumbled on this website just recently and I gotta say, the testing is the worst I've ever seen.
    Anandtech + a lot more reviewers say this is a great product and cools great. The temps are way better on Anandtech's test, and also everyone else's...
    Bit-tech, stop with the propaganda and start reviewing properly. This is the most bloated site I've ever been to.

4. Deders

Deders Well-Known Member

I gotta agree, Just bought this case and after some slightly tricky instillation issues it is silent and keeps my hardware much cooler and quieter than any case I've seen.

5. Deders

Deders Well-Known Member

I really think you ought to re-test this case. after a year of using it, my actual temperatures are only a few degrees higher than your delta's. And that is with a higher overclock on the CPU and an overvolted GPU.

Tags: Add Tags