1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Napier 07 Planning/Ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bumfluff, 24 May 2007.

1. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Ok, I have been thinking on and off about this project for a while and I might finally have a name for it. "Napier 07" it is based on British Racing Green (not sure if my pics are the right colour, some help on that please?) and Napier was the car manufacturer who first made BRG famous and the 07 because it is 2007 and I can't remember but I think 7 had some significance somewhere in Motor Racing.

Anyway, what I want to do is obviously paint it in some shade of BRG , but it isn't going to look like a Napier, I want to bring Napier into the millenium and make something that looks a bit more modern than their old cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope that shows you what I am wanting to do, my Sketchup skills are still limited so I couldn't get the air scoop on top to be any more rounded, but I want it too look a bit like the one on the BOSS FX:57 but fibreglassed.

The left side panel is a window is smoked acrylic and then the name of the mod painted underneath with the number in the old skool racing style on the other side.

The front is just a turbine type bondo effort which will have some sort of mesh to look like the radiator of a car.

I plan to use the Coolermaster Centurion 534, can anyone tell me how much space it has at the bottom, I plan to cut out the power buttons and external bay things, is there enough space for my little turbine thing for the size of a 120mm fan? Also what are your opinions of the side panels, personally I think they aren't quite right and I really like the 50th Anniversary Stacker mod, it would be great to have side panels as clean as that. Any ideas?

2. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

cool stuff dude

3. bumfluff

Great thanks for replying, it ain't constructive criticism but it is certainly reassuring. I was beginning to worry that no one would reply.

Can anyone answer my question about the modability of the 534, do I have enough space? I know itsjustacompaq has one (if he doesn't read this thread I will PM him).
    Also, what are people's opinions of the side panels? Is there something that it should do to make them more interesting or are they ok as they are? I don't want to make things overly complex for a first mod.

4. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

i believe the 534 is a pretty basic case for starters... as far as i'm concerned...

i'm either doing a ground up case mod (from scratch) or... i would use the 534 or one of those basic lian li ones where there is a removable mobo tray.

5. bumfluff

Yeah thats why I want to use the 534, it is as plain a case as I could find (within my budget) to do a mod on and it also has the great build quality of Coolermaster. Anyone got opinions on the side panels and know the dimensions of the fornt panel? Also, what are people's opinions of the name, does it fit?

6. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder