1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks "Nat error" in Azureus ( no firewall & no share internet connection)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gameboy115, 26 Aug 2004.

1. gameboy115

gameboy115 What's a Dremel?

Dear all,

I have a problem on setting port although i have asked in many forums, no one can answer.

I am using norton antivirus, cable internet services (ISP : Rogers Canada),no router,window xp sp1. While using Azureus 2.1.04, the yellow light always turn on. And I check the port(6881-6889), it always says "nat error". I have changed the ports from 10000 to 65355, however error are still coming. For this reason, my downloading speed is very low, just 10kB/s or below.

I am sure no firewall in both ICF( internet collection firewall) or Norton's firewall are opened.

I have tried to plug the internet service to my notebook without router, the error message still coming

Also, I use a website below to check the port in my computer
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

I get the result is the same. 6881-6889 are all closed.

I have no idea. Can anyone tell me how I can re-open the port by myself.

Thx ~~

2. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Have you tried an different BitTorrent client? Could be that Azureus isn't opening the ports properly.

Do you have Win XP SP2 installed? There have been problems with that breaking some P2P apps (not just the firewall).

Try using 'netstat -an' to see what ports are really open...

Tags: