1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND2500A, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrOaKeR, 25 Jun 2004.

1. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

I have been waiting for the right time to get a dvd writer and have seen this one recently. Its currently selling for about £47. Does anybody have one of these? Would you recommend?

NEC ND2500A Black ± DVD +RW(x4) +R(x8) -R(x8) -RW(x4) CDR(x32) CDRW(x16)CDR x40 DVD x12.

I know the new multilayers are coming out too, but not too fussed about these until cheaper media comes out. Cheers :cooldude:

2. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I have the multilayer 2510. Does the job.

The 2500s are supposedly flashable to 2510 firmware and gain muiltilayer capability...

3. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

i've had the older nd-1300a for just over a year now and i don't even recall having a coaster :p . Quiet drive too :D.

so far i have been very impressed with the nec drives and would recommend anyone else to seriously consider them.

btw ph34r optorite o_O , they r teh sux

4. Chief752

Chief752 What's a Dremel?

I have a NEC ND 2500A. It is my first DVD Recorder and I am very impressed with its reliability and quietness. I've had mine about two months now and haven't made a single coaster. I haven 't flashed mine yet, waiting until there are actually dual layer discs to use first.