1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Need advice, looking for reciever

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hallq16, 9 Aug 2004.

1. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

hi.
    i'm looking for receiver, that i could connect all a/v systems in my room. that means dvd+cd+tv+sat. cant really afford anything fancy, so gotta stick with the used equipment. i have a opportunity to get Technics SA-EX310 Dolby Surround Receiver. is this worth it? im also still thinking of speaker setup, 'cos i watch movies and listen music, both about equally. should i get 2 good speakers or not as decent 5.1 system?

any advice/opinion is welcome. thanks in advance.

edit: here's the german text translated to english by babelfish.

"Dolby Surround ProLogic Dolby 3 stereo RDS level generator/test mode (Wide/Normal/Phantom) of 2 connections video Eingaenge:VCR, TV/DVD, CD, Phono Tape/Monitor Synthesizer Quarztuner of 30 storage locations stereo: 2 x 90 W dynamic power output Surround: 2 x 70 W (front), 1 x 70 w (centers), 2 x 70 (Hinten/Rear) dynamic power output Subwoofer: 70 W dynamic power output gesamtklirrfaktor: 0,03 % frequency response: + 0.03 % unweighted signal-to-noise ratio: 75 railways dimensions (B x H x T): 430 x 136 x 358 mm weight: 7.8 kg"

2. Gangsta

Gangsta Banned

Hello

Can You Tell Me Ur Total Budget So I Can Tell You Abt A Reciever

3. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

budget for receiver is about 100£. but i could get the previously mentioned technics reciever for 70£.(good deal i think)

also problem is that i live in eastern europe, there are not many recievers to choose from. cant get decent new one, so have to wait, until someone wants to sell their used reciever. ebay? - nah, shipping would cost a lot.

4. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Id avoid that reciever if its going to be used alot for DVD's as it only has Dolby Pro logic which is a pretty old standard, youd be better off with something liek the slightly less powerfull Pioneer VSX C100 which supports both Dolby Digital and DTS. I have one at home and its amazing for the money.

5. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

Cant find this pioneer reciever on sale here right now :sigh:

is this reciever any good? has better features, than one mentioned in 1st message, but are they good enough?

6. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I dont know anything about this reciever but it looks a hell of alot better than the first one. Its got all the right stuff really, the only thing its missing is Dolby Pro Logic II but then thats not such a big issue. If you could find that pioneer id still get that in preference but the technics looks like it would do an ok job and its got a fair bit of power on tap too.