1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling need advice on water cooling a cooler master cm690 nvidia edition case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chriscogley, 23 Aug 2011.

1. Chriscogley

Chriscogley What's a Dremel?

okay thankyou all so much i have always been a pc enthusiast but now i am making something of the fact that i am putting in the effort to learn as much as possible about pc's
    and so decided to build my own
    thought it would be a good idea but didn't know this website exsisted now that i have joined you guys are so helpful and educational
    seriously thankyou all this has been a very educational experience and has given me so many things to think about and so many ideas consider in the near future while starting my new build
    :-D

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Once modding get get hold of you, it'll get you by the nuts and refuse to let go..And the you end up like the rest of us ...ADDICTED....lol

Chriscogley likes this.
  3. Bede

Bede Minimodder

And I will eat my words about the nvidia case, you could make it look insane with some UV lighting and green liquid for the cooling :)

Chriscogley likes this.
  4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I shall take that as a compliment :hehe:

Feel free to :)

To many ideas not enough time Pete ;)

The CM 690 II is built to accommodate the dual rads, though watch the length of your PSU when mounting a 240 in the floor of the case; if you read my log you'll see what I went through initially...

Just drop me a PM if you need any help :thumb:

5. Chriscogley

gonna take out all of the standard fans and replace them with green led ones and green uv coolant also with a clear resevoir and if i can find it i want a clear pump and a uv led installed depends what takes my fancy
    but yes your statement is true i have bearely started and im already addicted and thinkin of new projects to start
    thank you also 23RO_UK jus didn't want to start a thread and upset anyone in the process i wanna make friends not enemies :)

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I have a slim 240 in the roof of my 690, works fine for cooling just the cpu :)

Be warned if you have a larger psu fitting a rad in the bottom 240 mounts is difficult due to the cables from the psu.

7. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

just seen your thread... I have (last night) Stripped down a CM690 case for an air cooled system, but once stripped I started to eye up options of adding a spare 360 rad in the roof
    It is possible with a bit of cutting and of course you'd have to relocate the top mounted headphone & esata and usb ports ..not a big issue. grill over the top bingo you have a 369 in the top ..
    smaller the case its better to use 3/8th pipe half inch gets a bit fiddly in smaller cases as I found out in the Utgard

8. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Yeah definitely possible to mount a triple in the top with just a bit of cutting.

9. Chriscogley

would a triple be needed though?

10. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Probably not really needed but can't hurt, really depends on the exact hardware you're using and the temps you're expecting. I looked back but didn't see any mention fo what CPU & GPU you plan on sticking in there.

Dual 220's or 240's would generally do ok if all you have on loop is CPU/GPU and don't want to cut up the top, but obviously 320 + 220 or 240 is a bit higher capacity.

11. Chriscogley

i am wanting a i5 sandy overclocked at 4ghz and hopefully going to get a 2 gb nvidia of some sort

12. Chriscogley

heya whay you guys think of the msi twin froxr gpu???
    need advice on a gpu please people?
    thankyou all

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

What model?

Generally speaking all the Frozr range are pretty good cards

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

For the record, no project log has ever been removed (unless it really breaks the rules). It's the longest running bit-tech subforum.

15. Chriscogley

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II

16. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It's a very well reviewed card, people only seem to have good things to say about it :)

17. Chriscogley

aren't you using a similar one bede?

18. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Yeah, that's the one I ordered in fact, but Scan sent me the next model up (the 560 Ti HAWK) with the Twin Frozr III cooler :D I don't have any direct experience with the Twin Frozr II card, so I can't really give you proper advice. People do love it though, and I love my HAWK.

Basically iirc, it has improved power delivery so that if you do want to overclock it you should be able to do so very well. It also has an excellent cooler that keeps it cool and quiet.

19. Chriscogley

well im hoping to water cool that aswell lol is there a 2gb version do you know?
    also bet u loved that f up :)

20. Chriscogley

also know any other green and black coloured motherboards apart from the sabertooth?