1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Nov 2010.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

But Joe, you still only scored it one point better than the farming simulator. ;)

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Paul reviewed this. I don't review any racing games, since I can't drive and can't stand cars.

I'm all about the tractors, me.

3. bennyjh

bennyjh What's a Dremel?

I quite liked it honestly. I only did the racing, cba with the cops, and by the time i was bored id already finished it.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

When I said "you", I meant the collective you, as in Bit-Tech. ;)

Burn the witch!

5. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

I like it. Loved Hot Pursuit 2 though my all time favourite was NFS2SE. This reminds me of both of them and thats no bad thing at all.

6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

How were the graphics Joe, and what specs did you test on? Im still wondering about this thread.

7. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Barely above! 6 is still a long way from 9/10 everyone else is giving it!

I'm not complaining thought, reviews are personal opinion. :)

I'm liking this game so far, not spent many hours on it yet thought. I love it when I recognise bits from the original PS1 Hot Pursuit tracks. That's one of my favourite racing games ever which is why I'd been looking forward to this remake.

8. CardJoe

As it says in the header, we reviewed on PS3, not PC this time.

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have been looking very much forward to this game. I loved the previous versions and as an arcadey game I will put up with the niggles as you put it. The NFS series (besides the few early ones and shift) has never really been about racing sims, more about ramming opponents off the road so I don't really expect precision physics. Thanks again BT for the great review.

10. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

I played the PS3 version so couldn't comment on the PC graphics I'm afraid.

11. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

As this is under the PS3 heading surely it was the console version? Was the PC version tested seperately?

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

:duh: How did I miss the PS3 heading?

13. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

This game basically just plays like Burnout :(

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Surprised at the low score as i think this is the best arcade racer i've played in a long time. I normally find the NFS games tedious but this is great fun. The autolog feature is an evoloution of the one implemented in paradise city and i think its one of the best features of the game. Every event you enter will have the times posted by people in your friends list and it's more rewarding to beat your friend then it is the computer. You can also issue challenges to people in your friends list.

Basically if you love the burnout series then you will love this and i would rate it far higher than F1 2010 as its not a bug laden mess and an exercise in frustration. Plus criterion have en excellent record in supporting their games with worth while downloadable content.

15. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Sorry to be a pedant but on my lunch break and reading through I noticed a few spelling mistakes so out of interest I pasted it all into Word to see which had wavy red lines and it came out with 11 lol: idilic carreer decidely varingly plausable depolyed Infact imobolizes bizzare infact. privilidge

Wonder why bit-tech never spell check before posting?

Anyway, not the end of the world. :)

16. CardJoe

Huh. All clustered around one section too, with none on the last page. Must have been while the coffee was kicking in as I edited. Fixed now.

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Interesting...the rest of the game reviewing world tends to see 7 as a level of acceptable gameplay, something you'd play if you're a fan of the genre sort of thing. Yet here, that is knocked down to 5 or 6.

Even more interesting is the fact that if a chick was a 7 I'd probably have a go, but if she was a 6 I wouldn't even look twice. NFS:HP is definitely more than a 6.

18. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

No, its not more then a 6, game reviews on main stream sites are a JOKE, they dont give out anything less then 8 unless a game is bad, period. You cant seriously take game reviews seriously on sites like IGN, gamespot, etc... seriously gaming has No real professional reviews. look at movie reviews, very rare a movie gets 85 and above avg. Game reviews are a joke and a half.

19. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I was amazed at the positive reception the game received from so many sources because it's such a soulless, generic effort. Considering how long it's been since the original Hot Pursuit it's not come very far really, and it's not in the same league as the original, and thoroughly awesome, NFS: Most Wanted.

It does look quite pretty though.

20. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Nice review Paul. I like your writing style. :)

Tags: Add Tags