1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Need health advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Ph4ZeD, 3 Apr 2010.

1. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD New Member

I'll keep this simple and to the point. I have an unhealthy lifestyle. I don't eat well, and I don't exercise. I spent a lot of my free time sitting on my ass in front of my computer. I'm 23, 174cm tall (5'7") and weigh 84KG (13st 3 pounds), which gives me a BMI of 27.7, which puts me halfway between overweight and obese. If you were to look at me, you wouldn't really notice it but its really growing round the belly. I'm worried that if I don't turn things around now it will just get harder and harder to change in the future. I'm joining the police within a year and don't want to run out of breath after chasing someone for 10 metres!

Can anyone recommend some websites with information regarding health and fitness programmes?

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

Eat less and exercise more - that's all you need to know.

If you currently drive or get the bus, try walking or cycling.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Oddly your weight and height are the same as me im 26 though, ive found that i feel like crap because i went from a fairly good lifestyle to a lot of sitting about and not getting enough exercise. So like you im currently 'sorting myself out'.

Ive got a route planned for my morning run, it works out 3.5miles and when ive got back into the swing of things can be extended to almost 8

get some decent running trainers, an mp3 player and good headphones, get up a little earlier and run/jog/walk whichever you prefer. Dont try to do too much too soon otherwise your going to end up in a mess.

The most important thing imo though is your diet, mines slowly getting down to more fruit, salad, rice, fish and chicken but most importantly no crap!

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD New Member

I had a pretty active lifestyle when I was younger and at school too. I used to play rugby, football and ran a lot as well. At 16 the junk food and booze kicked in and its been downhill since there!

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Exercise time!

Burn more calories than you take in. Simple, really ;)

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

Sounds like you need to join a local football / rugby club. :)

7. -=ice=-

-=ice=- New Member

I'm a little taller and heavier, used to be just shy of 19stone :duh:

Started off walking up the local hill every other day, first few attempts I could only go about 20 yards up the steep hill before I had to stop and have a breather :lol: Now a couple of years later, my belly is still a bit on the wobbly side, but I can cycle 25 miles without issue :clap: can push 35 miles If I try but usually my arse gets sore before that...

It's all about eating sensible, and burning off the excess. Nothing else to it really, other than a little determination.

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Ok, so you know what the problem is, and the solution is obvious, correct?

:confused:

:duh:

:wallbash:

Yeah, that's the solution right there.

Just keep on sitting right there in that chair :rolleyes:
    Don't forget to keep lots of snacks and energy drinks handy... probably best to buy a little bar fridge to put under your desk :hehe: