1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks need help chooseing webspace

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keir, 4 Feb 2005.

1. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

no idea if this is in the right forums, move if needed.

I useually get my webhosting from nice people who kindly give it to me :)
    but there accounts have either ran out or just dont work. So I've no webspace. im gonna ahve to use BT (ISP) or wannadoo (work) they should be alright for now.
    But if I do want to buy my own (with a domain) what should I be looking for and how much should I really pay?

cheers

2. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

It depends on how much bandwidth and space your going to need.

Theres also uploadit.org and similar free services, but im going to purchase my own webspace for pictures etc and for a mate to run his forums soon from www.offbeathosting.com very good rates and you can pay in good old uk stearling :) Then just go to ukreg or 123reg and register a domain name or if its .com your after godaddy are doing some good deals atm

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

4. RTT

RTT #parp

www.k1z.com (use them personally ) and i constantly hear good about www.tsohost.co.uk.

there are *so* many to choose from these days... just make sure you're not buying from a 14 year old punk!

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

cheers guys i've had a quick look ill have a better look later on. :)

7. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

i use www.3-95.com for my hosting....nice and cheap if you dont need support for the basics...

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I use www.1and1.co.uk

I pay £4.99 a month for 800MB web space You get php and bandwidth is 10gb each month. . They give first 3 months for free and you get a free .co.uk domain for 1 year. You can also sign up to 25 .info domains for free for one year. domains then cost around 1.99 a year or somehting or cheaper for 3 years.

you get 300 pop3 email accounts with around 500 alias. You get virus checking for 5 pop3 e-mail accounts. 1gb e-mial storage for the online e-mail.

You get web builder if needed and a chat room software and and 5 FTP acounts and lost of free software to download from them.

Check them out they are good.

Conectivity is 18,000 MBit

9. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

See link in sig.
    Domain wise, 123-reg.co.uk are what i use, 5 quid gets you a .co.uk for 2 years, dont pay more than that tbh. .com's etc are more though....

10. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I use http://www.ukhost4u.com/

1gb storage, 25gb/m bandwidth, £39.99 a year (including free domain name). Been with them since September and so far the service has been fault-less :)

11. modding-monkey

modding-monkey What's a Dremel?

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

They're the main questions, first one especially. For somewhere to upload images you're using on forums plus a personal site that's not going to get a great deal of traffic, one of the Starter packages at around £15/year should give you about 50Mb storage and at least 1Gb/month bandwidth. Should be ample, you can always upgrade in the future if you get popular or need more features.

RTT's k1z looks OK at £14/year for the 2Gb/month Starter, but they cut you off for the rest of the month if traffic goes over. I'm paying 34sp £15/year for 1Gb/month and with any over-traffic they let it accumulate till I owe them £1.50 for an extra Gb. Suits me, works out cheaper than the next package up, but I'll probably use k1z for another site with not much traffic.

13. Barry

Barry What's a Dremel?

Tags: