1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Need help figuring out my partial Instability

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by 7hr08ik, 18 Jun 2012.

1. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Vengance Low Profile, 2 sticks of 4GB each, 1.5v

As i said, rated 1333, but the built in XMP bumps it upto 1600. Cant figure out why its not working. Everything works fine, but i never tested the ram. So thought id just double check it. and 3 mins into the stress test the entire PC froze. The ram is on the list from the asus website. so i know its fine....besides its bloody corsair ram!!!

Its deffo in the right slots, at the correct settings. Ive just flashed a new bios and all i did was, set sata to raid for the ssd cache, and select XMP profile. I think i might have a duff set? but they passed memtest in XMP settings, 2 passes

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Then it must be the VCCIO. You are at stock correct? What's your VCCIO at currently? If less than 1.12V, try it at that and re-run the test.

3. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Im currently at stock. Everything. Just running the ram test at stock to check its ok. Then i`ll give that a go.

4. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

WTFF!!!! At all stock settings it froze AGAIN!!!

The only things i change was spread spectrum off, virtualization on, sata to raid, and set my digi+ vrm tweaks. Ive set the VCCIO to 1.1250. gonna check that now

5. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Sorry im sounding like a little b**ch righ now, but this is really starting to do my nut in!!!

30sec, and it frozen?!?!?!

Ive got some rather duff ram here....I think i need to get some new stuff.

6. noizdaemon666

Is this with the P95 custom test? If so, try IBT on max and see if that causes a freeze at stock etc. It could just be P95causing some sort of issue.

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Temps? Tried switching the sticks around? Oh and to be clear a x124 is a generic hardware fault, need to check the details to find out more on what happened - if it's possible.

8. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Yeah the system was freezing with the prime95 custom test, at stock values. Just checked IBT and all fine.....maximum and 15 runs.

Temps are fine. Nothing wrong there, havnt tried swapping the sticks around. And there is no error code....no BSod.....no errors apart from when running the custom prime95 test. My entire system freezes. I cant figure out what my problem is. I want better RAM anyways so im thinking i might get some Dominator

9. noizdaemon666

If it passes IBT I would say it's just P95 being weird. Dominator RAM's a good choice though,loads of overclocking potential.

10. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Yeah thats the plan.

I cant really hope to get all the potential out of my system with ceap ram. The only thing is i think im gonna have to remove the fancy red fins from the dominator in order to fit it under the dark rock, but i dont think that`ll make much of a diff

11. noizdaemon666

Won't work bud, I tried with mine to get them to fit under my Fenrir. The sticks themselves are taller than most RAM so even without the fins they still don't fit under big coolers.

12. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

You`ve got the Dominator GT`s?

Awesome! I was planning on getting THIS SET

Ive been looking at deimensions of them online, and they kinda vary but it seems like theres enough room for me. Can you measure yours for me? Ive got a smidgen over 4cm from mobo socket to bottom of the cooler. From what i can tell, they should fit, but only if i take off the slightly gay looking racing red cooler fins

13. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

This site recons they measure 310mm, if thats true, they will deffo fit in my rig

14. noizdaemon666

Their measurements are miles off: 31cmx19cmx5cm. That makes them as big as an A4 piece of paper lol Anyway, Corsair list them as 43mm tall with the fins removed. So it looks like you may just get away with it :thumb:

Oh I have standard Dominators, rather than the GTs. I guess you get better quality chips so more overclocking etc on the GTs.

15. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

i recon i can get away with it. corsair say their 4.3cm without the fins, but thats the full height of the dimms, not from mobo socket, so take off a few mm for that and they`ll fit no probs. WOOHOO!!

16. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

Ok guys im getting really pi*$%d off with this

My system is as above but im now running Corsair Dominator GT 8GB.

I have lapped my cpu, and i have begin OCing the system again.

Im in the process of getting the voltages lowered to better values. Current settings are:

Blck - 100
    Turbo Ratio - 46
    Ram Speed - 1833
    CPU Volt - 1.4
    CPU PLL - 1.9
    VCCIO - 1.2
    PCH - 1.12625
    DRam Volt - 1.5

Spread Spectrum - OFF
    iGPU - OFF
    Intel Virtualization - ON
    Sata - RAID

Digi+ VRM Settings-

VCore PWM - T-Probe
    Load Line - 100%
    Phase COntrol - Asus Optimized
    VCore Switching Freq - 500
    Overcurrent Protection - 150%

Im still getting the same problem!!!

The system passes ALL stability test. It is running fully stable....IF and WHEN it boots. I had the PC running most of yesterday, OCing and tweaking all was fine. I went to bed and turned the PC off. Woke up this morning, and the system booted perfectly fine. But after work, i turned on the system, and it rebooted again. First it rebooted during POST, then once it got to the windows 7 shiny symbol, it froze!!!

I restarted and again it was fine. I feel like ive missed something, its reacting similarly to how the asus auto tune works. So it makes me think that it freezes, then when i reboot, it auto tweaks a voltage or a setting that im missing.

Please please please help me. Im getting really REALLY annoyd by this. My system should be awesome. So why is it not liking me? Ive tried everything i can think of, but im basically just dabbling about at this point, and i dont want to.

17. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Kill all Humans!

OK i think we have a winner

Im still getting this issue, and ive now just got another one...

Turned on this evening.....froze during windows loading. As per usual. But the interesting thing is, it wasnt doing this untill yesterday, when i finally got round to connecting my card reader front panel...which connects via the internal USB headers.

AND...

Once i restarted the PC, is then began giving me a "NO keyboard detected" error.
    So i unplugged my webcam, and it worked!!!

So the only conclusion i can come up with is that, the voltage or the chipset might be the issue.

Could really do with some help with this one....im already running on quite high voltages, and need to know exactly which ones i need to be turning up. Or what setting in the bios i need to be changing