1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CandyMan, 4 Apr 2009.

1. CandyMan

CandyMan What's a Dremel?

Hey guys I need you guys to help build me a gaming pc. I want to stay about $1800 and will be buying from cyber power pc. So i need you guys to point me in the right direction so i get the best bang for my buck. Can you guys help me. I need help in ever category from processor to video card. I will be playing all the new games such as crysis and such so im gonna need a real monster. So steer me in the right direction. Thanks guys.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Does that include screen, speakers, keyboard mouse. This is a system I am looking at for myself (no screen):

RAM: OCZ Gold 12GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    HDD: W.D Caviar Black WD6401AALS 32MB Cache, 640GB
    PSU: Corsair HX620 - 620W
    Video Card: BFG GeForce GTX 260
    CPU Intel Core i7 920
    Case Antec P182
    Optical Drive Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBN
    Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1

Without a screen, speakers, mouse and keyboard, it should be close to flush on your budget in U.S (A little over in Canadian dollars).

3. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Wow, what do you do that needs 12 GB RAM? (I'm not ranting, just curious)

4. CandyMan

CandyMan What's a Dremel?

Ill buy my screen and keyboard later. ill use the key board & mouse that im using now. So im just after the system.

5. GoodBytes

For the price of my 2GB Corsair DDR1 RAM back in 2006... you can now get 12GB. I don't think you'll ever get any RAM problem for quiet some time even when page file disabled :)

Dell offers computers even with 24GB of RAM (for 1.5k Can.. but still). It's like in a few months it's not going to be any problem.
    http://configure.dell.com/dellstore...dhs1&kc=productdetails~desktop-studio-xps-435

6. GoodBytes

Something I forgot about the above system... OS!
    So you need to include the price of Vista 64-bit (remember 32-bit does not actually support 4GB of RAM or more). The price should be the same for Win7... I'll be surprised if Microsoft increase the price.

7. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Speaking about RAM... I've had bad experience with small amounts of RAM. My first computer (that I knew something of) had 64MB (and ran Windows 98). Then my second one had 512 megs and ran Windows XP. Both way too little to run games, virtual machines etc...

Now when I've built my first rig (I've bought OEM before) I have decided that I'll never ****ing ever get too little RAM anymore. This machine has 8GB, and the next is going to have 12 or 24GB. :rock:

Now, what about this mobo... http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=sqbdCm0nmFxn3sS4&templete=3

[​IMG]

8. GoodBytes

Cool stuff, but I think the dual Xeon's will reach in 3-4k... at that point just get a Mac Pro, you get the same stuff for extra cheap... and then you just put Windows.

9. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Our first PC had 640 kB... that was a whopping 10x more than our Commodore 64 had...

10. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Yea but try playing 3D games with 64MB of RAM. :)