1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Need new monitor ASAP and still on the fence with HP LP2475!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitesky, 5 Oct 2009.

1. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

Well, it came in this morning, and..........................

I absolutely love it! I'll admit I was getting borderline silly about worrying, but fortunately for me I did not receive a monitor with any of the issues I've been reading about the past few months.

Out of the box, I was quite surprised as the colour is honestly pretty damn good. I've read solid comments across the board that the screen is blinding out of the box, with incredibly bright & saturated reds and other colors. I notice no such issues, although I did turn down the brightness & contrast by just a tad. Also no green to red color cast across the screen.

I've yet to install any profiles and calibrate, but as I said it's great enough that I'm not in a huge rush. Everything looks much more vibrant and alive than my stale looking 1650x1080 TN panel.

And on a side note.. got another 1TB drive in today, ordered the new Samsung F3 revision earlier this week. So far it's fantastic - silent & incredibly fast. Seems to outperform my WD 1TB caviar Black. I was very happy to spot the review on Bit-Tech after I purchased to find it scoring higher than the other 2 1Tb+ drives reviewed along side it :). I might pick up another one, 79.99 is a steal!

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Only just stumbled across this thread, so I'm not sure if this has come up (and I haven't read through all posts :)). From what I've read the Dell U2410 mentioned on page 1 actually comes pre-calibrated. The 2475 still might be the better monitor, though.

3. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz What's a Dremel?

The pre-calibration on the Dell isn't impressive at all but at least it's SOMETHING than no calibration at all. The Dell is getting impressive reviews, it's the main competitor to the HP.

Whitesky:
    Yes you ARE silly :p I told you from the beginning you'll love it. All your extra threads were unnecessary :p heh heh, glad u love the monitor man