1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V need new speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by craig, 23 Oct 2004.

1. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

Right my next door neighbours son is really startin to Pi$$ me off, all we here is rap music sometimes even late at night so 10-11, now we aint talkin a quiet volume here, he has it blastin out. Now i no i could go round and tell his mom n dad but thats just to simple. This is my house and i must make a stand :rock: :rock: :naughty:

Currently i have a set of videologic digitheatre that are loud, i just cant help thinkin i may be pusin them to far so i need somin new thats going to take me to the next level. i was thinking the Logitech Z-680 THX but ive heard from some people they aint that good.

What do you guys/and gals recommend. dont want to spend to much so the logitech is at the top end of my budget.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2004
  2. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Why dont you just ask your neighbours nicely ?

But if you want to do it the hard way, then go for it.

But on the other hand, if you just want a good speaker set up, then ask for advice on that ... rather than asking for speakers your neighbours will hear.

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Go into richer sounds and spend the £250 you were going to spend on the 680's on a half decent pair of speakers and a seperates amp.

For my music listening I use a Sony TA-FE330R and a pair of Technics SB-CS95's. Far from brilliant, but a better £250 spent on those than on "computer speakers" imho.

On another note, have you tried going round during the daytime and asking nicely if they'd mind not doing it in future? thats probably the best way.

4. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

i get the impression that his parents dont care as they were in the other night when he was playin it really loud so thats why im not going round there. Dont get me wrong im not a kill joy as im only 22 myself and like the music loud but there is just a thing called manors that i dont think they get. Since buyin the house i have never played my music loud (mainly cus i never set the speakers up).

Ive really got to options, the Logitech set or seperates, any help welcome.

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Ask him anyway, its better to deal with the/his problem than to compete, that also makes you as bad as him.

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

His parents might be used to it and might be under the impression that it does not bother anyone since no one has complained about it.

If they dont do anything about it after you have asked them, then that is the time to make a stand.

And you also have to realise that with music that loud in their house, they are not going to hear anything for your house. The only people you will success in pissing off are the other people around.

7. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I agree, go round and speak to them...

But if you must get a beasty stereo to annoy them, separates would be the best way to go (Y)

8. penski

penski BodMod

Buy seperates.

Fight fire with fire...or in this case, fight rap music with the album Our Problem by Iron Monkey.

*n

9. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Go talk with his parents...then middle of the night go wire up huge speakers beside his window and blast opra music loud enough to brake the glass.Ya its been done before.Cops got a little mad.

10. l'edo

l'edo What's a Dremel?

try to talk to them..
    If that's not working you should look for some of these speakers they have for festivals etc... than you rent them for one night and they bring them on a truck in front of your house..

after that night they might change their mind and you don't have to buy new speakers at all :)

11. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

sounds like my digitheatre have done the trick as since they had a blast of slipknot wait and bleed full belt followed my various other music he has kept his music down to an acceptable level :D
    woohoo nomore gettin woken up to the sound of dizzy rascal and 50% (and before you say anythin i no its 50cent)

yeah i now my method wasnt the right way to go and i shud of gone round there and said somin but i didnt simply as that.

12. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

I like your way the best .. :D :naughty:

13. Ben '71 1200

Ben '71 1200 What's a Dremel?

I was going to recommend Master of Puppets by Metallica as a suitable album to play, but now you've sorted it, it's just one to bear in mind if it happens again...

14. Pointy Burdz

Pointy Burdz What's a Dremel?

as a PC enthusiast can't you get him a cheap PC and introduce him to the internet?

then the thumping might be a little more muted :)