1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Need quiet headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by craig, 7 Jan 2005.

1. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

This week my medusa 5.1 headphones arrived. They looked good, they were packaged good, and they sounded ok the only problem with them however is that they dont hold there sound well. The missis was sat on the sofa upstairs while i was on the PC and she could hear the music out them as clear as day.

Does anyone know of any good headphones that hold there sound well, ive seen a pair of Sennheiser HH2270 that i quite like but in a review ive read they to dont hold the sound to good (even though they are closed back)

i dont mind spending around £70 IF they are good. i quite like a pair the grado SR60 but they are open back so are going to be even worse :duh:

Any suggestions :thumb:

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i have a pair of sennheiser hd 62 tv headphones (closed back) that sound great and you absolutely cannot hear unless they are on your ears.

3. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

If you want super closed headphones (like zero outside noise with any audio on), go with sennheiser HD-280's. A bit pricy, but definitly worth the cash. I have also heard that if you dont have a lot of outside noise, the HD555's or HD580's are great options. I know, they are all expensive, but shell out a couple of buck and your ears will thank you.

4. Lynx

Lynx What's a Dremel?

Could go for ear buds like the Shure E3s.

5. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

not to keen on buds, got a pair of sony,i think they are MDREX71SLB of similar to them, cost around 30 when i got them a year or 2 ago. ill check out the other suggested models cheers guys

6. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Hey man, if your going to go with the HD-280's i'de bump up the price a bit and go with the ATH-A500's. You can get them off audiocubes.com. They isolate pretty well and dont leak sound out at all. They'll run you about 116 bucks. I love em

7. azesty

azesty What's a Dremel?

Sennheiser PX 200 are very quiet and have fantastic sound.