1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by e36Adz, 16 May 2006.

1. e36Adz

e36Adz What's a Dremel?

Appreciate it if anyone can give me some idea here about what could be wrong.

Spec:

Abit KR7A-Raid
    Athlon XP 2000
    512MB DDR 2100
    Geforce Ti4200

The above pc doesnt seem to be working. Iv taken it all apart so just the above components are connected, once I plug the PSU in and switch it on, an orange light on the motherbaord comes on, however it doesnt boot up.

I have tried everything I can think off, and its the same every time... the motherboard doesnt boot up. Is it dead? Or have I possibly missed something :confused:

Its driving me mad, just cant figure out for the life of me whats wrong :wallbash: :)

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Check whether the case connectors are connected properly - especially the power switch. I'm guessing the orange light on the mobo means that it's getting power, which suggests it's getting power.
    When you power up, do the fans spin up, or is it completely dead?

3. ashikamlani

ashikamlani What's a Dremel?

have you tried resetting the CMOS?

4. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Try shorting the on switch pins on the motherboard directly, preferably with a screwdriver, to see if the switch or wires are having problems.

5. e36Adz

e36Adz What's a Dremel?

Im using a screwdriver to 'jump start' it, by touchin the pins, but theres no sign of any life in the motherboard. The light is on when I switch the PSU on but thats it, no fans spin, nothing.

tried that

Yep thats what iv been trying, everything is out of the case, its just the main things that are connected up, the mobo light is on, but it seems dead? Could it be?

edit: sorry mods, im very lazy so i just replied to each post seperately :yawn:

Last edited: 16 May 2006