1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling need water cooling system designed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m0nk3y, 15 Sep 2003.

1. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

I am building a custom case and machine and will be using water cooling. Price is no problem.

Im looking for an experienced water cooling expert to list the parts i would need to water cool the cpu, gpu, harddrive, and powersupply. Then all of the sweet looking tricks like water traps and resovioirs are cool too.

I am willing to send some money to anyone that helps me out.

Links and pictures on where to buy the stuff are appreciated.

2. olv

olv he's so bright

Well listing all the parts for a start is easy:

1. Waterblocks, CPU, GPU, N/B
    2. Then if you want to cool your hard drive(s) then you'll need hdd blocks.
    3. PSU: could could do a DIY one where you attach a waterblock to the heatsinks in your PSU or you could buy a pre-fab one.
    4. A radiator to get rid of all the heat of course with some fans. If i were you i'd use at least a double 120mm fan radiator.
    5. A pump to make sure the water moves around! Depending on what type of components you have in you system will dictate what sort of pump you'll need. If you go down the high flow, wide tubing route (DangerDen for example) then you'll need a fairly powerful pump such as an eheim 1250 but you say money is no object so possibly an Iwaki? If you go down the low flow route route (Aqua computer for example) then you wouldn't really benefit from a high flow pump.
    6. You'll need tubing to connect it all together and possibly some clamps to secure it.
    7. De-ionised water and some anti-corrosion/wild-life addative.

Thats pretty much everything you'll need.

Are you aiming for quietness, ability to overclock or a combination?

The two shops i point people in the direction of are www.coolercases.co.uk and www.wizarddesigns.co.uk because both approach watercooling from different angles. cooler cases is a Danger den supplier where as wizard designs stock aqua computer stuff. Both the onwers of these shops hang out on these forums and will be able to offer you far more advice and expertise then i can.

3. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot Olv that has been very helpful. Well to anwser some of your questions I am looking for the high flow wide tubes, so danger den i assume. Also i am looking for a quiet case that is also a mad overclocker... I can stand noise i just cant stand to much.

Are any of these sites US based or is shipping not bad from uk?

I saw a pre-fab power supply from somewhere cant remember though.

4. adwhitworth

adwhitworth What's a Dremel?

Once Pug is going again, you could have an Aqua-Computer system. The stuff is top notch. He is undergoing a rebuild atm though.

Tags: