1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Neptune's Pride - 12-player BT/CPC - Game #2! **It's off** Congrats Zinfandel!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xtrafresh, 18 Aug 2010.

1. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

4 stars, 3 fleets. 1 fleet of 7, 1 fleet of 12, 1 fleet of 5.

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Technically one of those fleets was a garrison and you attacked one of my stars just after I captured it.

But if you feel like exaggerating my military prowess, that's fine with me!

3. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Hey, we were both heading for the same star (closer to me, but you had more speed) you beat me by a couple of hours. But hey I'll call it 50:50, even if your expansion in my direction was rather aggressive. You can't say a fleet of 26 heading into neighboring territory this early is any but aggressive, but that's the aim of the game. I'm not bitter, a bit tart, but not bitter. I made some stupid mistakes early on which retarded my research, and a bug in the game cost me $54 which stunted my economical and industrial growth. Ce la vie. (resigned shoulder shrug)

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Well... I did arrange it so that I'd get there before you.

Anyway, you have more ships than me in total, if you don't want me here then you can come and push me out! :D

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Do it. Do it!

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I made some stupid mistakes early on (partly due to the fact I was drunk when I first logged into the game, five hours after it started... and it's the first time I've played, so a bit of thought would've gone a long way, but alas), but I am on my way back. :D

7. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

Aren't you on the right, and Baggy on the far left?

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Well-Known Member

I meant BigKingFun... Woops!

And it worked out exactly as that calculator said.

FEAR MY SHIPS!

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm still making them! :blah:

10. spurs142

spurs142 New Member

Im lost now so who's be attacking who?

11. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I just invaded a planet that Orange failed to invade off Aqua just hours earlier. Screw both of you! [​IMG]

Also, i took one off yellow. Maybe i should be more concerned with making friends :worried:
    Oh well, there are 8 players i haven't attacked yet, so i'm probably good :D

Looking at the public graphs here:
    http://np.ironhelmet.com/gamestats?game=10558121

Yellow seems to have lost another planet too, possibly to brown or purple. Dark green, Orange, Pink, Maroon all have simultaneous dips in shipcount. I simply haven't a clue how to work out what's what in that mess :D

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Being yellow all I can say is I'm feeling the sqeeze. I've been far too nice thus far but, probably too late, no more mr helpful.

13. russ1980

russ1980 New Member

Mallets mallet.. i just saw the best named fleet so far.. lol nice one Lord Banhammer

14. lewchenko

lewchenko Member

Must keep my eye out on these forums for new games starting. It was bit-tech that got me into Neptunes pride after reading the War Diary and Im currently mid way through a free game and am enjoying it greatly.

Anyways, Ive bought credits and if anyone is starting a new game and needs a player, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Aug 2010
  15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D

I've also got, as previously mentioned, Thor's Penis, and the newer Malevolent Mammaries and Public Mastication.

Also, I must apologise for my game persona, Lord B, becoming such a ****. Or, correctly; more of a **** than other online persona's... :worried: It's all ONLY a part of the game, honestly!! It's nothing personal.

16. Xtrafresh

I made a thingy...

[​IMG]
    It's made from daily screenshots, taken around the payment mark. Please note that there's a few more stars to the north and south that i couldn't fit in there, despite playing on a 24"screen :p
    Also, i may look a bit bigger then i am in these pictures, because i took the screenies and it shows my scanline.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

That map view, is that what everyone can see when you're playing? Can you always all see each others' units?

("I'm new here and what is this" basically, I don't understand how the gameplay works.)

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You can't see anything other than the stars and who currently holds the stars, you don't get any information about those stars.

The only time you see any information about stars and the only time you see fleets is when they're in your scan range.

19. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD New Member

One thing that I don't like is the amount of information in the player viewer. It's silly to see the quantity of ships and size of players industries and economies. Takes the mystery out of it:)

20. Xtrafresh

oops, doublepost.

But yeah, you get entirely too much info on eachother. Extra paranoia could be had quite easily by just blocking that info. At this point, the only thing that's hidden is cash.