1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Neptune's Pride - 12-player BT/CPC - Invitational - apply for invites now!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xtrafresh, 9 Sep 2010.

1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

So, here we go for the next one. This time, i'm bringing all the top players from other games together, so we can see who got big by luck, and who is really an evil b4stard a strategic mastermind.

If you want to play but have no prior experience, please join Game #3

We'll start as soon as both game #1 and game #2 have finished, or are so near finishing that the outcome is clear. This may take a week or two still, but i believe it will be worth the wait. I want people to be committed to this one, it should be a game that pitches the best against the best.

As with the other games, it will be set up to be as large a game as the settings will allow, no ingame alliances and all that. Basically the same layout that game 1 and 2 have. I'm thinking of changing one thing though: low starting cash, and only 4 planets, thus only 4 fleets to start with. that means getting the startup strategy right will be crucial, and there will be a more pronounced difference between players taking different strategies. Homeplanets will be 10/15/1 to compensate, and make the battle for these planets fierce, significant and epic. Thoughts?

What do you need to do for an invite? First of all, i'd like to say that i expect there will be more people wanting to play then we have places. Sorry in advance if you are left out.

• a podium finish in game 1 or 2 is an automatic invite. With luck, that will include me too. :naughty:
    • I'd also like to invite Harry, Jamie and Paul as podium placers from the featured game. Let's see them pull it off again.
    • All remaining places will be decided between everybody that writes a convincing enough piece on why they should be part of this game. Testimony of real-life people on what a genious or what a dick you are, screenshots from previously won (free)games, epic tales from the bit-tech games, it all counts, as long as you can make a decent case for your being in here. I'd like to get a jury from the bit-tech staff to then select the ones they would like to see in the game. If they are unavailable, i'll just have to devise a lottery. I would be jury myself, but that would rig the game from the start.
    • Tim gets a spot, as i promised him one. Can i do that? Yes i can, i'm spendig the energy to set this all up. Also, we all owe him loads for having been the driving force behind this very website for a long time, so there!

Oh, i have more then enough credits left to host the game, so there will be no cost to join involved. :thumb:

Any thoughts and suggestions for improving this game and making it more epic will work. Maybe we could even get some sponsored prizes, to raise the stakes? I bet somebody will be way more likely to backstab an ally if it gets them a new case or videocard! :naughty:

Player list:
    1. Xtrafresh (Hosting, Game #2 second place)
    2. Tim S (wildcard)
    3. Material (Paul, placed 3rd in bit-tech feature game)
    4. Zinfandel (game #2 winner)
    5. PegasusM (game #2 third place)
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -

Applicants:

Last edited: 14 Sep 2010
  2. spurs142

spurs142 What's a Dremel?

I'm game but better start us off at opposite ends of the map for our sanity. (If we make the cut)

3. Xtrafresh

Heya neighbour :D
    Not that i have any control over it, but i'd place you right next to me again. I like your planets man :)
    I'll vouch for you as an experienced player, but please people, tell everyone why you should be on the list. :thumb:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Haha, it's been an epic battle and I still feel like I'm nearly dead!!

5. spurs142

spurs142 What's a Dremel?

Well i'll make the game interesting well me and Gravity have and will continue to fight epic battles and if like now we will do alamo fighting. Come take my planets xtra but they will cost yah. I know what you mean Tim if only you had sided with me and Gravity at the start we may well have had a chance but trust in this game drives you to the brink of sanity. But I fear the end is nigh but come take my home planet I dare yah cause you know who ever does is gonna be losing a couple of hundred ships and hence I still get to influence the game :rock: LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

you should invite more than just Harry from the official game. all 3 podium finisher in that game should get auto-invite.

i'd love to play against Paul and his inquisition......

7. Xtrafresh

an excellent point, i will extend the invite. :)

8. Redbeaver

12-spots.

3 from BT game.
    3 from each Forum games, makes 6.
    plus you and Tim and an extra spot...

epic. :D

9. Xtrafresh

Lol, there will be doubles and people declining. I don't expect all three staffers to join (if they do, fine!) and i myself have a very good shot at the moment of landing a top3 spot.

But yeah, i can see your point, there is at the very worst case just one extra spot left. However, i intend to earn an extra spot by getting thirsd, and i'm pretty much on schedule :D

Last edited: 10 Sep 2010
  10. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

If I don't get a podium I've probably started taking heroin or something so best to just write me off in that case.

11. DeadMG

DeadMG What's a Dremel?

I don't figure there's much chance, but may as well. I've got Diamond League 1v1 & 2v2 in Starcraft 2, does that count for something? :p

12. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring. I was in a very strong position in the game we are at the moment and stupidly threw it away. I want another chance for victory ;P

[​IMG]

The green team needs a fresh chance to strike back!

Last edited: 10 Sep 2010
  13. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

heh, I'm in.

14. Xtrafresh

Help me out here, which one are you? :p

15. Redbeaver

the headless one. cant you see from the display pic?

16. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Wow, talk about put in my place.

I'm Paul :rolleyes:

17. Xtrafresh

Hello Paul!

I'm Joost, and i'm a... oh, different meeting, sorry. :worried:

You're on the list :D

18. Redbeaver

damnit. i dont think i can make it to finish 3rd place on game#2 :(

but ill apply anyway.

19. DeadMG

DeadMG What's a Dremel?

Is it just me, or are there about sixty trillion times less applicants than I expected?

20. Xtrafresh

well the two big games are still rolling, so most people don't know yet if they need to apply or iof they can win their seat. It'll fill up :)