1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Netflix

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 13 Apr 2018.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

I've now watched multiple series on Netflix with the latest being Zoo which always seem to have the first couple of series then just stop and miss out either the last season or the last couple of seasons... so I'm doomed into finding alternatives

Y u do this Netflix?

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Why is simple - alternate providers having exclusive licensing.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

And this is my primary reason not to re-subscribe to Netflix.

If they didn't remove stuff/miss seasons, then sure. It's a great service. But as it stands? Meh. No thanks.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's annoying when stuff vanishes or is never added, sure - I'm watching Person of Interest with the missus at the moment, and when we reach the end of Season 4 we're going to have to pay Real Cash Monies to someone to finish the story in Season 5 - but I pay Netflix £7.99 a month and watch hours of the stuff; I pay Sky something crazy like £60 and watch, I dunno, one film a month?

If it were up to me, I'd keep Netflix and Amazon Prime and kick Sky and the TV Licence into touch, save a bloody fortune - but it ain't up to me, sadly.

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Well-Known Member

We swapped sky for Now TV only costs 15pm.

6. liratheal

Yup. I tend to prefer buying the whole lot on DVD/Blu-Ray to paying Netflix/Amazon Prime/NowTV/Sky/<Insertsubscriptionservice>. That way, short of the house being robbed, there's not much chance of it disappearing half way through or never being added at all.

I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to subscription services, though, unless I can justify the P/M cost in number of films or consistent access to a set of TV shows, it doesn't happen. I only just barely stomach Xbox Live Gold and Office 365!

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Trufax. Only trouble is storing it all - we're bursting at the seams here already!
    I definitely think I get my money's worth from Netflix, probably the same for Amazon Prime (which I pay mostly for the free next-day delivery on things like nappies and baby wipes, with the video service an added bonus). I had Xbox Live Gold for years, since the launch of the original Xbox, but that went away a few years back - just couldn't justify the cost. I've never had PSN+, meanwhile - aside from a free fortnight when I got the PS4, which I let lapse (after checking I had no credit card on account so the cheeky buggers couldn't 'helpfully' auto-renew me!)

8. liratheal

You and me both!

Yeah, when I had Netflix I damn sure made the most of it - But when the stuff I had it for started getting removed I started reconsidering my subscription. Watching from the sidelines has convinced me that, bar some of their originals, I was right to do so.

Same. Had XBLG sporadically with the original Xbox, then went recurring subscription on 360, and have only missed a couple of years between when I remembered I still had XBLG and cancelled it, lacking an Xbox..

9. true_gamer

true_gamer Well-Known Member

I have to say, we've tried almost every brand of nappies and wet wipes, and still till this day Aldi's Mamia brand seem to be the cheapest, and best quality. Better than Pampers from our experience. :)

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Well-Known Member

£5.99 a month I definitely get my money's worth, I generally watch a film everynight and maybe an episodes or too.

11. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

Most of my physical DVDs, blurays, etc, are all stored away in the spare room, loft, etc. I tend to either rip the films myself or download a copy and watch the digital copy via Plex; with the right encoding settings it's very hard to tell the difference between the original and the digital copy.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I live on Netflix. At least two hours per night, most nights 3-4. I've watched some of the stuff twice it was that good. Currently watching Flint ATM. Kinda makes America look like hypocrites. They bombed Syria for using chemical weapons but gave their residents water from a poisoned river to save money. Disgusting...

13. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

iZombie. The Expanse. Jessica Jones. 'nuff said.

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Meh, when you can get netflix exclusive series on other streaming platforms then there is a valid reason to complain.