1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks "Network cable is unplugged" message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zillah, 10 Apr 2007.

1. zillah

zillah What's a Dremel?

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Well, make sure the cable locks into the socket decently (definately should hear a click), and verify if the cable isn't worn and torn...

Failing that (seriously), "When logic and technology fail, hit it with a hammer", or just give it a tap ;)

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

What router are you on? The D-Link DI-529? i think does this obsessively. Known fault.

4. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

I'm guessing that if you have line of sight to the LEDs on the front, when you see the error message in 2003 you will also see the power LED blinking rapidly then the LEDs behave as if the router is being power cycled.

If you Google "linksys network cable unplugged" you will find no end of people with this same issue, also using Linksys routers.

I personally experienced the same thing while using (if memory serves, I'm posting from work) a BEFSR41 (cable router & 4 port 10/100 switch).
    It's nothing to do with your settings on your PC or on the router, it's just ropey firmware written on the cheap.
    I have now given up and replaced the router with a 3Com.

Tags: