1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling new block and res! (pics)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnLoadeD, 11 Nov 2002.

1. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Well, the Iceberg Kit served its purpose, it popped my water cooling cherry 8) Now that I've got a taste for it, the iceberg is going to the wife's box and I'll be redoing mine. I got my new waterblock Gemini Standard Flow Rev2. It looks nice and got good reviews. I haven't found a res I really liked so when I stumbled upon a small Absolut bottle, I knew what I had to do. A little bit of diamond tip Dremel luvin and I got my res. Here's some sexy pics:
    Full Frontal Nudity! cigs are for size comparison.
    [​IMG]
    Side Nudity.
    [​IMG]
    Rear Nudity.
    [​IMG]
    The barbs are just in temporarily for now, as I might need elbows. Also I'm not sure if I'll use Goop or JB Weld on them. What do you guys suggest? The holes are tight and I had to screw em to get em in all the way. Also for a pump I'm leaning towards the Aqua Via 1300, any comments about that pump? More pics as I progress.

peace.
    unloaded

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Umm, Umm, I don't know,
    Bottle as a Res is cool, but I don't drink so, I guess the vodka is what is throwing me off.

Did you drill into glass? or is that plastic?

3. Kronenbourg1664

Kronenbourg1664 Minimodder

sorry I can't really comment on that, but can you post a pic of that thing on top of your case (Bottom left in bottom 2 pics).
    Assuming it is your case of course:worried:

4. Armand Karlsen

Armand Karlsen What's a Dremel?

The vodka-bottle res is just pure class :D

5. UnLoadeD

Zap--I don't drink either, actually I'm in recovery so I have kinda funny feelings using that bottle. I might switch it out if I find something I like better, maybe a Bawlz bottle. It is glass, I used diamond coated tools to make the holes.

Krone--You can see much more of the case here:
    http://www.pheatonforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=694
    As I mentioned, I'll be changing from the iceberg setup, I'll find a good heatercore and mount it under the piece you are asking about. With the plexi removed, I think the ccutout will offer enough air flow. I'll prolly maye a box outta tinted plexi, same height as the rad i get, so you'll only see it from top looking down.

6. Kronenbourg1664

Kronenbourg1664 Minimodder

Can i just say that is a nice case, well done

7. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Are those diamond dremel bits expensive? A bottle res would be perfect in my clearpc but my technology teacher at school always told me it was almost impossible to cut glass!

8. Armand Karlsen

Armand Karlsen What's a Dremel?

I think cutting glass with something like a saw would be difficult. AFAIK, most glass is cut by grinding or scoring it and forcing a break along that line.

9. UnLoadeD

Here's what I used:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40547
    Here's what I'll get for next time:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32398

As you can see they are pretty cheap over here, I dunno what you'll find across the pond. My set is really tiny, so it took a bit of time to get all the way thru initially, but once thru, widening the hole to proper size went pretty quick. It prolly took me 1/2 hour to do them both. I wore safety glasses and would recommend at least a dust mask. There was quite a bit of white dust made, I'm sure it didn't do me much good breathing it 8/

thanx for all the other comments guys.

10. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

all i can say is

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Tags: