1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New build issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dr4ygon, 24 May 2009.

1. dr4ygon

dr4ygon Every.Villian.Is.Lemons

Hi, i have just recently built my new rig

Asus P5Q-PRO
    4gb OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 mhz
    Corsair TX 750w
    XFX GTX 260 XT (216)
    500gb Hard drive
    Hitachi DVD-drive (ide)
    Thermalright TRUE black (no fan)
    CM storm scout

So im having an issue when i am trying to get into the bios for the first time, the motherboard is saying "CPU fan error!" and "Chassis intrusion" then "Fatal error!" now i don't have a fan attached to my TRUE but i was under the impression that i could use it without? I then realized that i had accidentally removed the jumpers from the chassis intrusion detection but i couldn't find them anywhere, so i used some off an old drive i had to see if that would solve the problem but i'm still getting the same errors. I'm assuming this is all because i have no CPU fan attached, but i'm not sure...so any help would be appreciated.

2. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

plug a fan into the cpu fan header, then you can disable the board from checking in the BIOS.

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Unless your running a stock E5200 or something I would put a fan on that sink ASAP....

4. dr4ygon

Right will do that immediately, i think i was slightly misinformed :)

5. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

Indeed. The second fan is optional mind ;)

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

You need to have at least ONE fan on the TRUE, otherwise you'll get problems! :)

7. dr4ygon

Ok i attached a fan and im no longer getting the no cpu fan error, but the chassis intrusion thing is still going on, which halts the system and prevents me from doing pretty much anything...I can't think why im still getting it everything is attached right and i was wearing my esd band the whole time. Anyone got any ideas?

8. dr4ygon

Well i cleared the CMOS and booted up with the jumpers on the Chassis detection, everything seems to be working ok now. *wipes forehead*