1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment New Camera

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Dev25, 2 Dec 2007.

1. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

hello,

I am currently in search of a new camera (for a xmas gift to someone)with a budget of around a £100 but could strech to about 150 if it is worth it (I.e a camera which can last longer/have more functions/Better quality etc)

Yes i am a noob at all this camera stuff so i dont really know where to start to look for type of model etc

Also if possible a decent photoprinter if possible (Not in the budget price)

Thank You

2. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

3. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

4. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

Update
    I think we have a winner out of the LUMIX ranges-DMC-TZ3

So is there now anything better than that..

Also anyone have a decent photoprinter (hp ones look good) that they can recommend

5. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be a little controversial here, and agree with Ken Rockwell on something. Basically no consumer printer can match the printers they have in photo labs for quality; and the labs are cheaper than printing your own now anyway. So I would forget about the printer entirely, then you don't have to worry about paper, clogged nozzles, and all sorts of other hellish inkjet nasties.

As for the cam - go into a shop and try it out :) At 7x5 (standard size for digital prints), you won't be able to tell the difference between most compacts. But you will be able to tell the difference in operation, and that matters a lot more than slight image quality differences that can't be seen.

Tags: