1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors new car advice - ford focus?

Discussion in 'General' started by TechnoScream, 22 Sep 2005.

1. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Member

hi guys,

in no rush, just in the thinking stage of getting a new car to replace my peugeot 106 1.1ltr.

ive been having a look around for something with a little bigger engine, and more comfortable inside plus some gadgets would be nice.

Not looking to spend too much, and having a look around ford focus's seem to be going for about 3.5k and are looking pretty good to me at the min.

anyone whos got a focus that thinks its great or got any complaints let me know to help me work out what to do!
    Thanks

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

They aren't bad, bit overpriced IMO.
    For 3.5k you can get so much more, what kinda engine you after? and do you want small+fast+fun or big+comfort+aircon ;) Helps muchly.

3. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

We have them at work for our pool cars. Personaly i think they are pretty bad. (horrid gearbox/cluch setup!). Then again the ones i have driven are base models and have been thrashed. :/

4. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Member

ok, since posting on a couple of forums, everyone seems to think they are overpriced ...any suggestions on what i should be spending my money on?

i want something thats not gonna kill me on insurance,
    something more comfortable/luxurious than my pug 106,
    something with a bit bigger engine (1.1 ltr at the mo),
    a car that not too big.

i realise i want the best of everything, but any suggestions would be welcome!

5. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

seriously get a volvo. you could problably get a good T5 or T4 for 4 grand

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

yeah volvo's rock....well underrated..but how about a polo or golf....as many people know build quality and general standards of german cars are quite high...also they keep their value pretty well.

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Erm, 306?

I actually like the Focus. I've driven a couple of nearly new Zetecs a few times. Comfy + quick enough to get you out of trouble. Good at high speed.

8. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Member

i like the idea of the speed of a 306, but im put off by the fact me 106 is s bit thin and rattley and i would like a nicer, more comfortable interior :D

9. Darkside

Darkside New Member

Although the Focus may seem to be a little on the pricey side, I've got a 1.8 petrol model, and I think it rocks. I've had loads of cars in my time, but I think for the size and price, you can't do much better. Maybe a Golf is a better car, but then they cost more than the equivalent Focus.

Darkside.

10. finboz

finboz New Member

go to a car auction when they are selling ex-mobility cars, buy a 3 year old 1.6 16v astra with cd player, air-con,multi-function steering wheel, alloys etc for 3.5k and mileage under 20k with full dealer history. BE HAPPY. i got one for the wife and had no problems.

11. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's not the same car dude. 306 is definately less rattly and more comfortable. Check one out, for that sort of money you could get a really tidy one.

It's like a Fiesta to a Mondeo (not a great example but you get the idea)

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

I won't say my suggestion, its a bit... chav... but nice IMO

Tags: