1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New Car for New driver...

Discussion in 'General' started by Krikkit, 29 Sep 2003.

1. HellDiver

HellDiver New Member

I know this is an obvious answer, but try your local Pug dealer. They've a deal on new 206s at the moment, so they're bound to have some used 106s in stock.

Also check AutoTrader. :)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Cheers mate - i never thought of checking the Pug dealers around here. I always check autotrader too: been checking for some time now... :)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've found a few pug 106's, but if it's an XND, is it a diesel engine? (sorry for the n00bish question, but i don't want a diesel)

4. HellDiver

HellDiver New Member

Yes, XND is a diesel. 1.5D engine, not actually too bad considering it's size. Similar performance to the 1.1 petrol, gives better milage, and will last forever. Think nearly 60mpg out of the diesel.

The 1.0 petrol is best avoided, the 1.1 is a good solid little engine, and with the lack of weight in the 10 makes it perform pretty well. The 1.4 petrol is generally only in the Rallye and XS cars, and is the preferred engine. The GTi gets the 1.6 16v - some 106 fans prefer the older 1.4 8v as it's torquier. The 1.6 needs to be at high revs to get decent performance, which makes for a tiring drive in a small car.

My recommendation? 1.1 Independence or 1.1 Zest. The XN is similar in spec to the Independence but doesn't have metallic paint or body coloured bumpers.

Tags: