1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New case, or mod old?

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by jon4tron, 25 Oct 2018.

1. jon4tron

jon4tron Administrator Administrator

I have a http://www.lian-li.com/pc-8n/ , and currently have an external radiator for my loop (1 CPU and 1 GPU). I'd like to tidy up and use standard internal rads, but the case only has 120mm fans front and rear. Any ideas on getting a decent size radiator in there? Or should I just buy a case designed with water cooling in mind?

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

How big is the external rad? I think you could get a 360 in the front comfortably, maybe another 240 in the roof. The effort and time it would take would depend on how good you want it to look. You could cut most of the front panel out, put some mesh in and use aluminium angle as rad/fan mounts.

3. jon4tron

jon4tron Administrator Administrator

Decided just to go with a new case, it would've required such a lot of modification, and it still wouldn't be as good as a new case.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

No probably not, but maybe have a whack at modding the old one now your rig isn't dependant on it and see what funky jazz you can come up with.

5. Mopsi

Mopsi Member

Would also buy a new one that matches your needs perfectly. So much on the market right now.