1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling new cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by J453, 22 Feb 2004.

1. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

hey, im currently running a Volcano 9 HS/F (i know, its balls but meh)

my temps are 41C idle and 49C on load (shockingly bad) and want to overclock further but temps get much MUCH higher (56+), problem is i have to have my Fan at full rpm and it is stupidly loud. so i want performance cooling at low noise. i was looking at this custom system from Coolercases.

DangerDen Maze4 AMD CPU Block
    Black Ice Extreme Black Radiator
    Typhoon Bay-Resevoir
    Eheim 1048 Pump
    and a YS-Tech 120mm fan

i was wondering if this stuff is good quality and will keep my system cooler at low noise?

thanks

2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

That would be a fine system and they are all high quality parts. You could change a few parts to give yourself higher performance but it really depends how seriously you want to cool/overclock, also it would have to be louder.

If you want a good mix between sound, performance and price then you've got yourself a good system. :thumb:

3. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Ok it looks ok but not the best you could get.

For the cpu block i would go for a Dangerden RBX or D-tek ww. These will be better than the maze4 and IMO are worth the extra.

The BIX rad is ok but you may want to consider a Thermochill 120x2 or eaven better a heatercore.

The BayRez have a bad reputation and are pretty much a waste of money. you would be better off usig a simple t-line setup.

The 1048 pump is ok but a bit low on power. I would consider a 1250 or hydorL30 or If you can find one a MCP600

Again the fan is ok but if you are refuring to the 120x38mm one it is quite loud eaven at 7volts.

What you have is a ok setup but if you have a bit more to spend it will make a differance. Dont bother with the res and get a better pump and cpu block.

Tags: