1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Core Duo Macs aren't that fast after all?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Jan 2006.

1. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

It takes time people. They just came out and there isnt any performance loss so I say its a good start. After a couple of updates I reckon the results will be more noticable. Also what Im more interested in is a PowerMac......... Dual Core Intel Processors..... Times 2? :jawdrop:

Also anyone here more about OSX coming to windows? Sorry, Im on vacation (Hawaii is a nice break from -6 degrees F temperatures) and Im out of the loop. Ill search but I just though I add this while I was writing this post.

2. TMM

TMM Modder

Wouldn't that be more harddrive speed based?

Sounds like the intel chipset (or X86 OS) isn't up to speed in HDD performance compared to the IBM :)

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

think he probbaly just got a bit mixed up, osx86 uses some kind of emulation for backwards compatibility with powerpc apps, cant remember the name of the thingy that does it now tho

4. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

I love how gullible Mac users are they put a big sticker saying 4X and everyone's buying it like butter, I wish PC users were like Mac users. Then all Intel would need to do is put a big 4X times Logo on every Intel Core Duo and AMD would be outta business.
    I swear Mac users are brainwashed.

5. funkbro2

funkbro2 What's a Dremel?

thank you for your reply, i wasnt kidding though
    Apple wants performance per watt, and intel definatley has got the most watts, but not performance

Apple G5 is probably a VERY Good cpu thats why Core Duo cant even get that far ahead of it..

6. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

:\
    performance per watt Core Cuo is about as good as it gets
    you do know its a completely different chip to the P4 right?

im still putting my money on architechtural differences and the fact that OSX is inherently slow :p (and probably not optimised fully yet :worried: )

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

8. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Lol...sorry funkbro, it's hard to separate the trolling from the non sometime. Your clarification makes very good sense.

The G5 was an alright processor, but far from a milestone compared to what AMD or Intel were capable of producing. Its architecture is just...well, weird.

Now I can direct my same 'yaaay fanboi' post at Kaze22's comment. :D

Tags: Add Tags