1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Crysis video released!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Oct 2006.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

Looks awesome. DX10 only but they reckon they can get it running on the 360 now....though whether it will look that good is another thing! :)

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's not DX10 only - there's an SM2.0 'fallback'.

3. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Did you get a cheeky look at Crysis running on Direct x 10 tim? I heard that not that many members of the press have been given the privalege.

I also heard that it looks EVEN more amazing running DX10 and that there's a significant difference to the look and performance of it compared to the 'slighty graphically impaired' DX9 version (that sounds so harsh considering even the DX9 version probably has the prettiest visuals so far on the PC :D).

Any further comments to add on this demo or are you lips stapled together by the might that is EA? :naughty:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

:D

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

Ah ye I know it will run on DX9 but I meant whether the 360 will run on DX10. OK I've confused myself now... :p

6. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

99.9% sure that XBOX360 uses DX9?

Oh, and Tim - that answers my question nicely - thanks. Especially the fact that the last bit, concerning the might that is EA, got the chop :).

So basically it looks hot but you're not allowed to say a word.

I can still say EA suck though, right? :naughty: I hope their standards for charging end users for extra content, whilst telling the developers to concentrate more on those than fixing problems aren't forced upon Crytek.

Crytek f t w!

Last edited: 27 Oct 2006
  7. Tim S

Tim S OG

Xbox 360 doesn't use either DX9 or DX10 because of the hardware implementation - it's got its own API and its own SDK. You can't have dedicated E-DRAM and the ROPs on different silicon to the fragment pipelines (or unified shaders in this case) and comply to DirectX 9 / DirectX 10 specifications. :)

Quality/effects wise, it lies somewhere near DirectX 9 though, but that's a very loose comparison.

8. Darren9075

Darren9075 What's a Dremel?

Any idea what DX10 hardware are they using?

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the game looks real nice, cant wait to play it and kill ice aliens.... :D

naaa they are not that dumb.... i hope.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

When is this supposed to be released? I mean, as far as I've seen the DX10 cards are just now coming on the market and it will be AT LEAST a year before enough people have them to make a DX10 only game profitable. I think this is going to be one of a boundry generation of DX 9/10 games.

EDIT: when did the DX10 APIs become available? I mean, they would have had to have the compatibility code way back in the beginning of the development process in order to have truly written it for DX10. I'm thinking this is basically a DX9 game with DX10 extentions for eye candy added later in the process.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2006
  11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

After the BF2142 spyware? People are still buying that game, even after b*tching at the idea. A bit of a shame that so many gamers are hypocrites, because EA wouldn't be able to get away with BS like that if gamers actually bought things based on their values. My loss? I don't think so.

12. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, some of you seem confused and I might be able to clear some things up.

I know we all hate EA now, they make inefficient games that have spyware in them now. But EA isn't MAKING Crysis, they are only Publishing it, making it sellable n stuff. Crytek are the devolopers and I don't think they're implementing the same sort of advertising you see in AdvertisingField: 2142.

Also, yes that video is Crysis running on DX9, There is only ONE dx10 video of the game(that I know of), it's a 30 second clip, and it's running on a DX10 beta on a beta version of vista.
    Link = http://www3.incrysis.com/inCrysis_dot_com_first_DX10_Crysis_footage.zip

I'v watched every video and read every possible information on the game, and I'm 99% sure it will be the godliest game since Half life 2.

Also this video is fairly old, and they havn't released new footage since sept and I think it's because they are trying to complete the game and make a demo for January (Febuary release (Specifically the 7th), these dates are just speculations ofcourse.

oh and also Crysis can run perfectly fine on DX9, it just doesn't look as sexy

Last edited: 28 Oct 2006
  13. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

Hahaha, nice.

14. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

Rather sad how much of a success AdvertisingField: 2142 was. EA aren't going to learn from this... They will just release more spyware crap because they know they can get away with it and then make MORE money. EA are ruining the gaming industry.

15. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

This is my artists rendition of the BF: 2142 box art.

See if you can spot the 3 changes!

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

That's great, Glue. I wonder if that would come through as an avatar.

Welcome aboard!

17. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

Was it just me or did the frame rate seem really low?

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oh, golden arches in the eyeball, very subtle :)

Thanks for the info though, useful stuff. I'm rather sick of people obsessing over the DX10 thing when almost every clip we've seen so far has been DX9. You're basically saying that their relation with EA for Crysis is as it was with Ubisoft for Far Cry, right? Shoulda used Steam if you ask me :)

Still, can't pretend it's not a major turnoff anyways. If for no reason other than the fact that it means some insane amount of only-skipped-by-hacking startup videos. It'll be a "try before I buy" at the least *cough*. If I ever get that video card installed anyways... need a bigger PSU so I don't blow up my fileserver-acting-as-gaming-rig (instinct says 6800gt + 4 hard drives aren't going to play nice with a 300w unit)

19. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

20. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Have to say the more I see of the actual meat of Crysis, the game and the way it's played, the less I like it. Credit to the innovations the team are making with the customisable gun and the modifications to the suit capabilities, but they don't look very appealing to me. The graphics will need to be spectacular to pull this off, not just in the ambiance, which we can see is fine, but in the animations and the sense of energy in the combat. For my money FEAR remains the benchmark for seat of the pants combat action, let down only by some overly square levels, one too many office blocks to clear and limited weapons selections. If Crysis can provide the atmosphere of intense combat as well as FEAR then woopdidoo, we have a game on our hands, but so far it's all looking a bit flat.

Tags: Add Tags