1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Gears of War Screenshots. (56k Unfriendly)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DivineSin, 12 Jan 2006.

1. DivineSin

DivineSin New Member

But xenos..those screenshots are not in-game. Surely you wouldnt want to show off the game with pre-rendered screenshots?! :D

2. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

not true, all screens are running real time using the unreal 3 engine. cliffyB said in a video interview everything shown using the unreal 3 engine from them is real time. they are not using any renders, as its obvious they dont have to. show me any link or article that claims these screens are rendered. :rolleyes:

3. DivineSin

DivineSin New Member

lol..thats was a joke but i'll bite. Show me an article that claims these screens are in-engine? :thumb:

4. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's all very tasty and impressive stuff... In fact, the only thing that stops them from having an immersive quality is that irritating noise in the background that keeps distracting me... what is that noise?... Oh, wait, it is the sound of POINTLESS BICKERING! :miffed:

Xenos360: questioning a statement in your post is not tantamount to questioning your wisdom, knowledge or manhood. Everybody has an opinion (oh, yes). Sometimes they differ from yours. It's no biggie. We value and appreciate every morsel about the new consoles that you bring to these forums. Agreement with your opinion is optional, but not a sign of like or dislike.

DivineSin: just because you (think you) see bait, doesn't mean you have to bite. The best way to start a fight is by telling someone they are picking one.

Now, I know you two don't get on. All mods know. But we still like to believe that you are two mature adults who can live with each other's differences. Please prove us right in our dizzyingly optimistic, upbeat worldview.

6. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

/\ damn he is good...has anyone ever told you you should do this for a job...hangOn, you already do...but seriously now, how do you find the time nexxo? so much information....so little time....must click post now...
    ...runs...

7. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

agreed and i would like to apologize to not only the mods but also all other forum members as im sure it is getting as old for them as it is for me. i should know enough to not argue sometimes, even if wrongful statements are being made. i will continue trying to contribute to the forum while avoiding any further confrontations. what i know doesnt need to be forced as it will come to surface in the coming years. to everyone happy gaming. :D

8. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Hmm. Looks decent. I'll wait for Oblivion. Or UT2K7.

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Oblivion is runing on UE3? As in, ESIV? Or some other kind of oblivion?

10. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Oblivion uses a licensed graphics engine called the "Byro" graphics engine. The game engine is completely new (made up of licensed and propriety parts) and Neverwinter Nights 2 also uses Oblivion's Game Engine IIRC.

Quoted from obliviondown.com
    "The Elder Scrolls universe is brought to life via the game engine developed by Bethesda softworks specifically for Oblivion. The engine consists of several propriety and commercially licensed parts. To my knowledge the parts bought in from external sources are the game byro graphics engine and Havok physics engine. It's likely that other code libraries and such have been licensed for Oblivion, but that I either havn't heard about them, forgotten about them or they havn't been publicly disclosed."

:)

Tags: