1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Insane is the right word. I just started the Grand Canyon endurance race and achieved a 1:12 lap time, which is mad fast but slow for the car because I can't do it justice. However, I managed to do the final corner flat out and had 230mph on the exit.

By the way, the car has been available for as long as I've had GT5. I just haven't been good enough to win the Special Event in Monza because my reactions aren't fast enough.

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've come to the conclusion it's undrivable with a controller. You just can't use it at all. Trying to do that special event thing at Suzuka. 1:25:000 to get gold, I got 1:25:057, so close, but I was all over the place trying to drive it.

It seems that when you're turning, after a certain time it seems to just turn in sharper, mid corner that's not helpful.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Been a while since ive played so thought id have another go, spent ages waiting for the PS3 to update etc etc.... opened GT5 and im greeted with a "A connection to the server could not be established" error message, odd, googled it and it appears to be quite common but ive done everything thats been suggested in other forums and nothing has fixed it. Im not having any problems with any other games maybe its the GT5 servers?

Is anybody else having the same problem?

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Same thing here.

You've just got to be very gentle with the steering, don't give it full lock on most corners, only a touch.

But yeah, its still pretty un-driveable with a controller.

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I thought it was just me being inept. Glad others are having the same problems.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I actually grabbed the bronze for the S. Vettel.

That's it though, the controller makes it almost impossible since there's no tactile feedback.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I did once I fired up GT5 for its monthly update marathon, but all the portions of the game seem to be working OK...

The X2010 is definitely a bit of madness, there's no predictability in how it grips or turns in due to the huge variations in downforce and ground effect. I completely wrote off ever being able to use a controller on it doing those challenge events.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I got gold on my second lap, :D, with the controller.

And then couldn't be bothered to try and go any faster, :D, its too tricky to balance brake, throttle and ever so light steering inputs all at the same time, especially on the ps3 controller, which my hands don't fit.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

You must have nanotech controlled fingers!!! When I use the controller the car steers in right angles!! Luckilly I have a wheel (still can't drive that X10 properly though!).

10. Elton

I love the new challenge, it's a free $5 Million since, well the times are piss easy.

11. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Details of DLC:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-dlc-coming-october-18th-includes-spa-francorchamps/

SPA!

the only thing that interests me is spa at the moment, the car list seems boring but some do look good!

The second track it seems
    [​IMG]

The update is 1.1GB
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-0-now-available/

a few little things have been changed that werent announced but nothing that interesting

This is the only interesting thing that wasnt announced that i saw on a quick flick through

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

So we're paying £5 for one track that should've been on the game originally and one pure lighting fest that shows off the engine? Sad times. :(

Doesn't mean I won't buy it though. Spa is just... Needed.

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am surprised they didn't include any Japanese cars in the list......

14. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

You are right its not really worth that but itll have to be bought

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

:D:D:hehe::hehe:

16. Elton

I want more german/italian cars. Oh well, still a great addition. Now, where shall I get money?

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I want to be able to Race Mod more cars. Was one major disappointment for me, the fact I could turn an 458 into a 458RM. There's so many cars that they should have done.

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

just had a brain wave (too late for me though) if you log in for the next 5days youd get 200% of the cash for the red bull seasonal if you did it in five days time

The AI seems different, they move over to let you pass and will even spin off to avoid hitting you if you spin or are going slowly

Last edited: 11 Oct 2011
  19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I didn't think they seemed much different, still got in my way.

I do like the interior of the caterham, :D :D.
    Surprised they didn't put the interior cam in the standard cars from the start, I mean all they've done is slap a camera inside the model and not applied any texturing to it. Can't see that being hugely complicated at all.

20. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Balls to paying for DLC.