1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New information about Halo 3 downloadable content

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Nov 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I hope it wont mean people who don't buy the maps will be unable to play any games.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Awesome, i kinda miss Blood Gulch (and what ever the other name for it is) so a few more maps are welcome, as i find some of the current maps pretty bland.

Sam

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Sweet, I imagine they'll do the same with this as they did with Halo 2 packs (apart form the last one). You can buy it now, or wait a few months for it to be free, once it's free it'll be introduced into matchmaking.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2007
  5. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Sounds exciting!

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You mean exactly the same way they did Halo 2?

Actually, no, Halo 2 made them into the ranked playlists as soon as they were released, same as Gears of War.

Side note: XBL is 5 years old :p

7. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft New Member

Halo 3 does have Blood Gulch, it's Valhalla. It's no longer in a box canyon, but the base designs and map layout is straight out of halo 2's blood gulch.

I want to see the Halo PC maps brought over, there were some great maps in that game.

"Purple Reign" made me LOL.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

gm_construct .. good times... Forge on this game needs to be rebuilt it had plenty of potential for crazy base battles. I'm lookng forward to seeing the new maps, and w/e els they come out with. kinda disappointed bungie left microsoft, would that mean no halo3 on pc?

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Only with the last one IIRC, the first premium map pack definitely wasn't put into the game immediately, I remember that, I'm pretty sure the second one was the same too.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I remember never being able to play online on matchmaking with Halo 2 because I didn't have a credit card to buy the maps.

11. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft New Member

They didnt leave Microsoft, they bought back their company and their self-management. Microsoft will still be their distributer, just have less business involvement.

Forge does have some very critical flaws in it's ability to make maps. For multiplayer Forge, the design works great, but if you're working in solo there's a LOT of annoyances in object placement. Take one simple little thing to spice up gameplay. I wanted to make a fusion core that would spawn above a man-cannon and get launched across the field. Basically a regular shelling of the battlefield. Forge does not easily allow me to do this because of several main flaws:
    1) Object spawns do not get locked into place until the object either comes to a rest, or is destroyed. I would drop my fusion core above the man-cannon, and the spawn wouldn't get set until it detonated on the field, making my fusion cores spawn in the field instead of where I wanted it. The only way around this is to hold the core where I want it to spawn while another player detonates it.
    2) Forge shows a spawn location by displaying a small white cone. However, this cone can not be interacted with on it's own. The only way to move or delete the spawn point is to grab the spawned object. If the object is damaged or moved too far from the spawn point, it can no longer be interacted with. So, once my floating fusion core spawn point does get made, it can't be deleted except by catching the core right as it spawns.
    3) Finally, there's no way to stop time to allow multiple floating objects to be created at once, or to make all spawns stop responding to physics so that they can be altered.

These sorts of problems make really creative map making next to impossible.

12. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

I remember not being able to get on XBL cos i didn't have a credit card.. Silly really I got a years membership and then they wanted a credit card for registration...

PS Still Saving for my 360 and H3:waah:

Tags: Add Tags