1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Job!! Huzzah for me!

Discussion in 'General' started by MikeTitan, 2 Jul 2005.

1. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Well this is my fourth week at my new job. I work for godaddy.com i'm sure anyone that watched the superbowl this year saw the commercial. I went from making like 7 dollars and hour, to making 12 an hour plus bonus. I get to take tech calls for domain registration and hosting problems. It's a pretty cool job since I get paid comission/bonus and get paid 12 bucks an hour. After three months I get paid 13.50 an hour plus bonus and benefits. People were checking out how much they made for a year, and most people are getting about 38-45k a year.

Just really happy to have a job and I thought I tell you all about it =p. :clap:

2. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

congrats dude! its nice to finnally be able to do something that you want to do not to mention getting paid well for it :D Cheers!

3. penski

penski BodMod

You're on comission...

So it's a sales role?

The kind that's advertised as 'OMG! MAKE 40k A YEAR!!!11ONE' whereas in reality you work in a call centre, make an hourly rate and don't get a single bonus unless you jump through EVERY hoop; call length, number of sales per day et cetera...

Good luck, by the way :)

*n

4. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

yeah those jobs are a con in the way they describe themselves but congrats anyway, at least you have money coming in.

Ice

5. Potato

Potato New Member

Congrats man. I had a domain through GoDaddy.Com earlier this year. Are you the guy that calls people after they setup a site?

6. shroom

shroom New Member

Sounds like a sweet job. I wish there was stuff like that around here, I'm stuck looking for menial typing and sales positions until I can get a better job out of state.

7. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Sorta, the Hoops we have to jump through are Utilization, Q.A. and Sales. Basically, If your average sales per day is like $406.25 and your Q.A. os 85% and your utilization is like 80% then you can get bonus.

I get around $325 a day right now since I'm new, but I still get my bonus regardless.. for like another week. My utilization kinda sucks right now because I don't have a routine but yeah, not bad. I know guys who average 1000 a day in sales... o_O their bonus checks are pretty nice...

8. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

someones in the $$$ :D :hehe: