1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*New Keyboard*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Krikkit, 25 May 2003.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hey guys, i'm looking for a new (wired) keyboard - the main thing about it is it MUST have nice buttons. At the moment i have this kboard *pics when i can be arsed to find my cam* and want something nice and new to use that isn't completely alien and ridiculously priced...

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

apple pro keyboard is the nicest keyboard i have ever typed with its simply amazing, and looks the shiznit as well. it has nice soft keys, not soft as in actually soft but soft to press. go to an apple store and you will see what i mean

(looking the shiznit is a good thing)

3. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

I'm using a Memorex MX5200, and love it. Best key action I've ever felt. It's available in white or "chrome" (silver with black keys and palm rest). I would certainly suggest it to anyone, though I personally never use the multimedia keys myself. I like to keep my hand on the mouse.

[edit]
    Just found a link in a post entitled "just ordered". http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=27584

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Thanks guys, i'm very tempted to order both of those actually... thanks for the help

5. Hwulex

Hwulex What's a Dremel?

MS Natural Elite.

Can't beat it. None of that 'square' rubbish for me. :p

6. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

My MS Internet Keyboard Pro is very nice to type with, though slightly noisy at times.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

MS Natural Elites are the dog's danglies.

8. Reflex

Reflex What's a Dremel?

logitech inav, i like the feel of these and ive tried ALOT of keyboards. All down to personal preference i suppose

9. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

Natural elite is absolutely the best-- and with blue LEDs and a neon string under the keymat it looks brilliant too :D also its very comfortable to use, and all the keys are in the right position-- dont get an ordinary natural though because they have screwed up arrow keys lol

10. Snood

Snood What's a Dremel?

Logitech internet navigater (special edition) its they black internet nevigator... its black with silver hotkey and scroll wheel sections

Snood

11. k.a.

k.a. What's a Dremel?

still have a 1st generation MS Natural .. the one with the touchpad (which i used for ... 2? days)

had this one since i was 11 (20 now).

i smoke (ashes.. and i have a very odd ashtray .. a bottle 1/2 full with water which i spill once in a while) i eat at my only table (desk with keyb. on it) i usually drink something sticky (like coke), also quite frequently beer or such... and it's still alive =)

i guess it survived about 15 drowndings, had to take it appart (quite easy) and clean those odd .. plastic 3-layer-thingy

had the keys in moms dishwasher a couple of times.. well, sometimes it looks like new (for a week or 2) but it works like the first day and as long as i can, i will NOT switch to anything =)

edit: about the modding:

i won't, one simple reason: LED & glued elecs > dishwasher??