1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks New Laptop Won't Start

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TeenGeek, 30 Apr 2014.

1. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

Hey all, I just bought a new laptop, and received it last Thursday. I have been using it very happily for the last few days, but this morning, I ran into an issue. It's a brand new, stock Aorus X7 (Gigabyte is the parent company of Aorus) and I bought it from HID Evolution. This morning, I attempted to power on the notebook, and nothing happened. I thought it might be a battery issue, but when I plugged it in to the wall, via the wall charger, the battery charging LED on the laptop did not turn on. I checked the charger, and its LED was certainly on, so the laptop charging battery should have been on (I have seen it on before) I have no idea what the issue could be. I opened up the back panel on it this morning, and noticed that one of the screw that should have been holding the hard drive down was hiding under the battery (Between the wrist-rest and the battery). Does anyone have any ideas, or do I need to send it in for a replacement? I was really happy with it until now, and I really don't want to have to send it in, since the school year is almost up, and I have an essay due in a week and a day, and my own laptop would be really nice to have for that. Thanks a lot for any help! (looking at the mobo, and components, it doesn't look like that loose screw shorted anything. Again, thank you so much for any ideas!

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

have a look underneath, some of the modern ones have a pinhole reset button (like the kind you find on routers and cd drives)

TeenGeek likes this.
  3. TeenGeek

I checked the bottom and sides of the laptop, and did not see any pinhole reset button, unfortunately. If only this were a well documented laptop... Should I just RMA the thing? it would really be a pain but I could do it...

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

ok take the battery and the power lead out, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, put the battery back in and try again

5. TeenGeek

That sounds like good plan. The laptop has an internal battery, so it's not easily removable. would there be a different way to reset, or should I still try that? I certainly can try it, I'm just wondering if the battery being built in would make a difference.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

can you show us a picture of the underneath of the laptop , I haven't seen many where you cant take the battery out without stripping the machine.

just googled that lappy, it looks like quite a good machine, I would phone Aorus helpine before attempting to remove the battery on that particular laptop

Last edited: 30 Apr 2014
  7. TeenGeek

Sorry about being unclear, I don't needc to strip the machine in order to remove the battery, I just meant that it wasn't a separate batter cell that is easily removable. (More on the order of unibody macbooks/razer blade than dell laptops from a couple years ago) That's actually a great idea, I completely forgot that the Aorus helpline was an option. Thanks, I'll do that tonight! I could also upload some photos tomorrow, I just ordered the ifixit screwdriver set, so I can take it apart at home. I was using the tech teacher's tools today at school.
    Anyway, thanks again!