1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks New Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by P2D, 26 Sep 2005.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

So my mum just picked me up from college and says "your getting a laptop!". "WOOOOOOOOT" methinks.

So an 2 hours later im sitting here, with my brand spanking new laptop :D specs for those who care:
    Price: £999.99
    1GB Ram,
    1.73Ghz Pentium M
    x700 GFX!!!!!
    80gb hdd
    15.4" screen (1280x800)
    DVD-RW (8x i`d assume)
    Windows MCE (YAY!)

Just getting it set up now and copying all my "Cough" Files, acorss from my desktop.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

MCE? WTF?

First thing i do with a lappy is format it and install my version of WinXP+SP2 onto it, get all their manufacturer crap out.

What make? Battery size?

3. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Its an Advent 7079 from Pc world (No comments, please).

I`m keeping MCE because i can sit across the room and use the handy remote to turn things on and off to scare the dogs :D woo

(And MCE is based off Xp pro, because when you go to install it, it says "installing xp pro", then 20 mins later changes to "mce".

4. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

oh yay! im sitting in my frontroom now on my neighbours 2mb wireless cable connection, hope they dont go and secure it anytime soon! Its faster than the 1mb cabke in my room!

5. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

You realise that's illegal, right? Some guy got busted and payed a huge-a$$ fine for theft, maybe he even served time, can't remember. Congrats on yer lappy ;)

6. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

lol, so sue me :D

Ive been playing NFSU 2 on maximum graphics all day, and hl2 on max with no AA or AF, gona run benchies when they hurry up and download..
    Mike