1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new lcd what to get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bender386, 18 Sep 2006.

1. bender386

bender386 What's a Dremel?

2. mystilexzero

mystilexzero What's a Dremel?

hmmm do you game alot? personally i had the chance to buy that 24 inch dell that everyone was talking about i cant remember the name tbh but i decided since i play alot of games i upgraded my 7900gt to a 7950 gt and got a Hanns G 19 inch widescreen lcd. its very nice and more than enough but if you GOT to have a nice monitor that samsung is very nice, but if you have the money the dell 24 inch widescreen is a very nice lcd if someone has the name.

3. bender386

i game a fair bit not heaps few hours a week but i want a big monitor to fit all the stuff i have open on the screen at once. oh and i watch a lot of movies on my computer thats why i want widescreen

4. mystilexzero

mystilexzero What's a Dremel?

hmm seems good enough to me then, btw "widescreen makes the world go round" hehe the only monitors i would ever get will be widescreen. that monitor should be great for you then unless someone else has their opinions

5. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I believe you're referring to the Dell 2405FPW?
    that's the older version (that I have and love), there's a newer one though, 2407FPW IIRC.

I heard its not as good as the original one though its still good. :)

6. bender386

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ive just bought the Dell 2405FPW, it is better than the 2407FPW, the 05 has HD support, PIP and many other gadgets :D There are some very nice ViewSonic TFT's around now, quick responce times and resolutions.

Have a look around for some ViewSonic TFT's, im in england so im likley to find UK TFT's and UK prices.

Hope this helps
    Sam

8. bender386

the chimei (sounds "good" quality) was out of stock so what about a Viewsonic VX2235WM?

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

My advice is to shop around for a 2405. Some dealers still have a few left, and you'll get a bargain.... unless you want to watch HD content from any of the new generation devices like blu ray.