1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple New macbook pro's

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gordy, 5 Jun 2007.

1. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Minimodder

The 1920x1200 17" MBP is one of the few machine that I would upgrade to. I just have a hard time laying down 2 grand on a computer when my current one works fine.

I didn't even spend 2 grand on my first computer over 10 years ago.

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

Apple's policy is 3 times for the same item to be repaired... not 3 repairs in general... I know as my 1st gen MBP has been in 4 times now, for 3 different things.... though my mainboard dies again, and I'll get a new one...

3. Coelacanth

Coelacanth What's a Dremel?

Wow... I just made the mac switch by getting one of these new mac book pros i got the 15" 2.2 ghz model. Nice and fast especially after upgrading from an AMD Anthalon XP 2400+ and on board graphics... But, to be honest, im angry at mac osx already... itunes has frozen (had to forcequit) 3 times now. Mac osx just doesn't know when to quit trying to read something it can't... but the hardware is awesome and beautiful. I love the led display, nice and bright, (well even brightness, not bright in the center, dark on the edges, instantly on too) its great. The CD drive is especially loud on the macbook pro. Shame...

overall, id give it an 9 out of 10 stars... but then again, first mac I've ever owned, and it is only 4 hours old :)

Edit: GAH!!!!! this new macbook is emitting a highpitched whine!!! Ugh, it is very very anyoing! I can not get it to stop. Does anyone know what I can do to stop it? mmmm... rrrr...

Last edited: 8 Jun 2007
  4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

My issues have all been tied into the mainboard somewhat, but regardless I've heard of people getting replacements and even upgrades after the first time. All I know is that I'm starting to get quite pissed about having spent the extra for AppleCare and still having unreliable hardware.

In any case, I'll be nudging quite a bit. Dropping those hints about looking into a new desktop but if I have to deal with this, it won't be one of theirs (which is true enough - I'd just hack together some parts that could run OSx86 reliably).

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I've bought myself a new toy today!
    MBP 15" , 2.2Ghz, 2GB ram, 160GB HD, ..
    Had to order it though, they only had the 120GB/Azerty in stock.

mmmmm new shiny mac computer!

6. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Mmm shiney new toy for Lovah :D

7. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

you lucky git!!!!! lol have fun with it!:thumb:

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That is bs, I've now had 4 logic boards in my MBP.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

oh, well, that sucks.

Tags: