1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Maps

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by unclejimbo, 5 Jun 2010.

1. unclejimbo

unclejimbo AKA GiNJɅ NiNJɅ™

Hi All,

I was just wondering what the situation is with the adding of new maps, Its just that I have come accross another map that is WICKED : ---- cs_pariah ----

Thanks agen,

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/20377

Last edited: 5 Jun 2010
  2. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

sorry but I cringe at that map, 2c?

3. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Tbh, mill/tuscan or great maps and require team work, would work well even for 32 players imo,

4. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

I've said it before and I'll say it again....dust_pcg :)

Both Mill and Fire are good maps also, especially with larger teams.

No need to add cs_kissmyasso though, that map annoys the crap out of me....

5. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Ooh yes fire, large map though, look out for the campers :worried:
    I've never actually played dust_pcg, never been on a server where it's on the rotation, will search it today, if I can actually get public servers up :grr:

6. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

We used to have dust_pcg in the cycle, I quite liked it but it was hideously biased, on a full server at least, it had a habit of making players leave the server like many of the customs do. Its the age old mapcycle, no-one will ever be satisfied.

As for the OP, now we are back running mani, and assuming the reliability will remain and traffic picks up, I will aim to get back to the original plan of having a set night once a month for custom maps. And once the mapcycle is sorted, if there are any customs included then the plan would be to rotate them every month or so with maps that seem popular on custom nights.

The crucial element in this is to get the server populated again after all the changes. The server is performing very well and the past couple of evenings have been great fun, lets keep it going people.

7. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Good to hear, would custom maps be put into normal rotation? or saved for custom nights, because I know many people love ermm (2 minutes later).. nightfever! Very good map in my opinion, very even too.

8. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

We currently have 3 customs in the cycle so would probably rotate those with ones that prove popular on custom map nights.

9. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Pariah is a very old map but seems like a good one, i think from memory it is a little biased due to the amoun of routes to the cts but a decent t team rushing can completely trample the ts.

Dustpcg is a good map with small teams, but as Fu said, when it was in the cycle it emptied the server very quickly, its a horrificly biased as a large team map. Custom nights once per month i think will always go down well, albeit the odd reg that turns up and didn't realise, gets pissed off and leaves.

10. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

I must admit I do miss cpl_mill and some other custom maps. I do like blue corridoor but not many people know how to play it. Then there are the extended versions of dust, office and italy.

11. church^

church^ What's a Dremel?

Ah mill my speciality, I would also recommend de_coldfusion.