1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mobo opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrOaKeR, 6 Jul 2005.

1. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

Im looking into getting a new socket A mobo to keep me going with my current kit until I have enough cash for a whole new setup.

As the sig suggests im currently using a soyo dragon plus that has just about held on these past few years, but I fear it has now died.

I have been looking at getting a Abit NF7-S, maybe the version 2. Has anybody had any problems with this board, any others you can recommend for me? I don't mind spending up to about £60 on the board. If I have enough cash I may think about going for a better processor too, currently running on the 2000+ which has done me fine so far.

Any views gratefully recieved, Thanks :thumb:

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

If you must prolong socket A the NF7-s v2.0 is the best way to go. DONT get the S2 boards though, they suck.
    Could always consider the DFI lanparty/infinity, they are a PITA to setup, but once they're stable, they are probably the fastest NF2 boards about...

3. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

The NF7-S Version 2 it is then! I have one ordered and on its way as we speak.

Taking the comments of many people, it seems to be the best choice. Thanks :D

4. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Yip, they're great boards, still widely used as well :)
    Plenty of bioses and tips/advice available for them too

5. I'm sure you'll love it, I have one now at the moment.
    Nearly everyone with a socket A system on PC forums have a NF7s v2.