1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics New nVidia Drivers 191.03

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oatey4519, 25 Sep 2009.

1. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

2. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I wonder how they choose which games to give performance increases to? I wonder what they could do if they dedicated a bit more time to crysis...

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2..

Thank you for the nvidia update news.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's probably a case of analysing which games they were expecting to run faster, then setting a team on improving the driver code for those specific games.

5. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I just went to install and totally forgot my card does not want to upgrade from the 178 drivers :duh: It just goes to a black screen until i boot in safe mode and go back to those.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

that sounds like you need to do a firmware update on your card?

What card have you got sir?

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I just run 177.83 here.. and install the latest physx- the image quality is good on the desktop and 3d- they keep messing with the gammas in the driver releases, got tired of tweaking them out to display accurate colors on my monitor, and the optimizations per title really don't pan out to anything I had to have

long as the image quality is good- the optimizations per title whatever ;) also lets me run a older precision without the version number

8. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

9. urbtree

urbtree What's a Dremel?

i`m having that problem. i use 182 drivers on a 260 gtx and generic 32 inch LCD was about to try and sort it out via this forum and found this.

cant upgrade any higher.
    i`ll post about it soon cos i don wanna thread jack

10. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I upgraded to 185 drivers and I got the black screen, however I read somewhere that if you swap your output cables around (if you use a tv aswell) then it will work. This fixed it for me but the same method did not work for 191 drivers

11. urbtree

urbtree What's a Dremel?

tried all that. it does seam to be a common problem but nvidia dont seam to be doin any thing about it

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

The new drivers allow me to use a DVI connection for the first time at the monitor's native resolution and not stuck at 1024x768, so they have clearly done something to the way the drivers handle DVI. I used two cables to get a picture up - DVI and D-SUB, then used the control panel to pick the primary one.

13. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

Unplugged my second connection to my tv and it is now working fine, however I do need that connection to my tv so ill see what happens after i plug it back in.

Something else that has happened is my display settings (contrast and brightness) have gone to pot

14. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

As soon as i uninstalled the present driver in add/remove, the wddm driver tried to install before i could restart, and it failed.

It then said after restart in device manager no driver present, not knowing if i should have this, i then uninstalled card, restarted so that it would install wddm driver, which it did this time, then i installed 191.03.