1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable New Phone contract time - What deals you guys getting?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bdigital, 13 Feb 2011.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Im with orange on desire HD which is 41 with the insurance on it for next day replacement. 600mins 750Mb Data Unltd Texts. 24 months tho. But i have l fashed my desire HD with cyanogen-mod which are releasing 2.3 on the Desire HD soon. The First Release candidate is out for a few of the 4G phones in US so not long now! Your android phone can go on which version you want once goggle release it you just need to look online to see which devs are releasing ROMS.

William

2. Gryphon

Gryphon New Member

£41pm for 750Mb data sounds like a bad deal to me. Id be hitting that every month!

Cyanogenmod is good - Can't wait for a bug-free version to be released for my phone :)
    It doesn't really affect the contract though.

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Good info on the contract deals here guys - thank you.

Im after roughly......

- 600mins
    - Unliimited texts
    - 750mb + internet (im not sure how much i will need, but plan to stream video clips from sports apps etc, and do the basic web browsing)

On either HTC Desire HD, or Google Nexus S.

Best i can find is £35 pm with 500mb internet, and im not 100% happy with that. Ive been with CPW for around 4-5 years, so i might try and get a better deal by going elsewhere!!

Ideally i would like to get that down to £30 pm, OR to have more internet bolted on.

What do you think?

4. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

I got 1gb Internet usage and never hit it. That's with an iphone4. Find myself using wifi most the time.

5. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

Also orange have there own wireless which has 3gb limit on most contracts and has quite afew outlets. One right next to my college which I use.

6. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I've got a Motorola Milestone, got it last Easter on £15/month with t-mobile's "unlimited" internet (varies depending on which bit of the website you read, 1-4GB) 300 minutes and texts. Not bad going IMO.

I got it from http://www.buymobilephones.net/ which I'd give you a referral link to but the website seems to be broken.