1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pope Elected

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GreatOldOne, 19 Apr 2005.

1. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

http://www.crystalinks.com/papalprophecies.html

The vertic is still out on Ratzinger being #9.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

I did/said exact same thing :D

3. dom_

dom_ --->

for your information rotosequence...
    most kids where pulled into the young hitlers army. if you didnt join... well not really worth thinking about.

he was pulled into the army also in the last days of the war, again like most of the male population of germany.
    he ran away within a few days without fighting. he then got caught by the british and spent some time in a POW camp.

and anyone, no need to be so down about it all, christianity is about forgiven and being forgiven.

4. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Yeah I like this.

The new guy is German, he was in Hitlers youth army, he must be an evil Nazi who should not be allowed to rule?

John Paul II was a polish salesman who sold chemicals to the Nazi's and fled to the church after the war, but he was Polish. So it was ok?

As far as I'm concerned, if any of you have qualms about the new Pope been German because of the war, you have serious problems.

5. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

Well that would be me then :) (seriously my name is david smith)

Question : why is his name Joseph Ratzinger but called Benedict XVI?

6. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

All popes take the name of an apostle IIRC

BTW: Out of curiosity, has there ever been a coloured pope? The favourite was a coloured cardinal from Nigeria (Africa is now one of the largest Christian countries) just wondering if not, if this feller was pipped to the post because of his colour?

7. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

Heres a thought for you.........

Oh yeah guess when there wasnt a Pope for 28 months due to no-one being being elected..........

And who is the winner of the 111th prophesy is Pope Benedict XVI........!

(oh and another point the British caputured Ratzinger in an olive grove, picking olives to eat. They dubbed him the Great Olive Fighter - Which translates as Gloria Olivae Guerriero).

Sound familar?

Anyone else worried???? ;)

(I was interested in Papal History and law as a child, plus my Grandfathers family are all italian, and devout Roman Catholics. Our religion was left up to us to choose)

8. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

I believe there was one around 465 A.D.

9. jc.com

jc.com What's a Dremel?

Errr....no!

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Ratzinger might not be the one to end the world; but I doubt that it will take much longer even if he isnt. Its prophecy in the Bible that I am referring to... Ratzinger is a toughy to call, as he is a hard line conservative, a former liberal, one time member of Hitler's youth at age 14, and a POW of the allies at age 17 after deserting in the later days of the war; his job? Flak cannon operator, but he "never fired a shot in anger," as much as that means. And for the last 20 years, he has been in charge of the office that once led The Inquisition. To say the least, it will be interesting to see what kind of legacy Ratzinger leaves behind.

On another note... Christianity is not all about forgiveness; Its about repenting for what youve done wrong, and striving to do better at following God's commandments and laws; thats what I beleive. Everyone; please dont start a religious flame war over this stuff :worried:

11. jc.com

jc.com What's a Dremel?

Then why bother to introduce this? The debate is over the death of JPII and the character of his successor.

And, back on topic, to paraphrase the Who: "Meet the new pope, same as the old pope"

12. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

I saw wait and see. I beleive people can change.

He could be a cushty Pope, just more Traditional. Only time will tell.

13. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

I personnally believe the Roman Catholic church is responsible for the deaths of thousands around the world, but mainly Africa, for still telling them not to use Condoms when HIV has the same occurance rate as the common cold here in the UK.

14. penski

penski BodMod

Last edited: 21 Apr 2005
  15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Was that photoshopped? o_O

16. penski

penski BodMod

Not that I know about. It is credited to the Associated Press...

*n

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Well, so much for dragging the Catholic Church kicking & screaming into the 20th Century! :rolleyes:

18. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

If God is suppost to tell them who to vote for then why don't they all vote for the same person the first time round. Or is God just having a laugh with them all.

19. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Yea he's havin a bubble :hehe: . It is his ONLY form of entertainment you know(messin with people that is).

Death

20. ColD_FusSioN

ColD_FusSioN What's a Dremel?

I share your opinion, i also think that the church takes benefit on the blind faith of the people, i don't see anything wrong in having faith but please.... use the BRAIN!!!! why people should always want to avoid thinking, instead they accept any ilogical answer they get